Old October 17, 2011, 12:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
No other options beyond that?

-ST
Well, I am not working for them anymore so I have no idea about the sapphire service outside that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_guitarboy View Post
Quick Update:

After a very polite but firm email expressing my disappointment and frustration with the Sapphire warranty, they have agreed to waive the admin/freight costs . The only cost on my end is the shipping to Ontario.
Glad to see you managed to be polite and get what you wanted :) that's the way to do!
Hope you will have fun with the new card ;)

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 17, 2011, 12:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Well, I am not working for them anymore so I have no idea about the sapphire service outside that.

Glad to see you managed to be polite and get what you wanted :) that's the way to do!
Right on, was just curious because drop off locations would be idea considering the costs of handling and such by them.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 17, 2011, 01:24 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Last Sapphire I bought was a HD3870 that they refused RMA because I had removed the HS for water cooling. Havent bought a Sapphire product since.
Old October 17, 2011, 02:42 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
I find this is the best way to get what i want. Being rude and using foul language is not only disrespectful but pisses off the recipient and hurts your chances of getting any kind of special treatment.

The people at Athlon Inc are only doing their job, so there is no reason for me to get mad at them.
Old October 17, 2011, 07:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Right on, was just curious because drop off locations would be idea considering the costs of handling and such by them.

ST
Just thinking about it, Eprom is the main supplier of Sapphire product in canada. So any eprom user place should be abble to do a RMA for cheap. I may be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_guitarboy View Post
I find this is the best way to get what i want. Being rude and using foul language is not only disrespectful but pisses off the recipient and hurts your chances of getting any kind of special treatment.

The people at Athlon Inc are only doing their job, so there is no reason for me to get mad at them.
Yup, when a guy get mad at me at my workplace and ask for a refund you can be sure he wont have it. When they are kind and gentle, even if I am not suppose to refund for some reason, I will do it. Where is our world going

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 17, 2011, 09:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Just thinking about it, Eprom is the main supplier of Sapphire product in canada. So any eprom user place should be abble to do a RMA for cheap. I may be wrong.

Yup, when a guy get mad at me at my workplace and ask for a refund you can be sure he wont have it. When they are kind and gentle, even if I am not suppose to refund for some reason, I will do it. Where is our world going

Cool, I didn't know that MM thanks. I'll check it out later when I can and see if they say you can RMA through them.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 17, 2011, 09:37 PM
MVP

Why is it that we even have to deal with manufacturers anyways? What is it about computer electronics that the stores don't just fix the situation. For example, I just bought a blender at London Drugs. If it breaks within a year, I can bring it back to the store and they will replace it. This is standard, no extra charge. They probably send the broken blender back to the manufacturer themselves.

So why is it when I buy something from memory express the return policy is 7 days after that its my problem?
Old October 18, 2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
[SNIP]...They probably send the broken blender back to the manufacturer themselves.
There ya go. Our warranty policies are dictated by our coverage from the manufacturers. If we can't get a replacement, we can't take it back. This isn't food/clothing and we don't have hundreds of percent margin...

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old October 25, 2011, 05:24 PM
Rookie

I just returned a Sapphire HD6950 that died after 4 months. Microbytes (Montreal) charged me $25 to return it and told me it would ready in 3-5 days because it was a "stocking item". It took almost 2 months to get the card back and when I did, not only did I get a refurbished card. but I got one that looked like it had been fished out of a trash can - dirty, dusty, and scratched. The icing on the cake was that the card was DOA.

I then tried to contact athlon or whatever there name is and i got the same boilerplate bullcrap email.
I was hoping to take them to small claims court but they hide themselves well in Asia. Microbytes was not helpful either, their attitude is basically tough luck. I will not deal with them again either. I will be doing all my shopping online from now on.

I bought 3 Sapphire cards this year...but never again...
Old October 25, 2011, 06:00 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
Why is it that we even have to deal with manufacturers anyways? What is it about computer electronics that the stores don't just fix the situation. For example, I just bought a blender at London Drugs. If it breaks within a year, I can bring it back to the store and they will replace it. This is standard, no extra charge. They probably send the broken blender back to the manufacturer themselves.

So why is it when I buy something from memory express the return policy is 7 days after that its my problem?
That's why I now spend a little extra and buy local for "major" parts (mainboard, cpu, graphics, psu). We have a local shop here in halifax (mysterybyte) that offers their own 1 year warranty on a lot of their items - so if it goes within a year, they replace it (then I guess they deal with the manufacturer). This one year warranty is worth the 10% extra, believe me!

So if ME only gives you 7 days, then buy elsewhere. And let them know why you are not buying from them. Maybe if enough people let them know, they'll change their policy or lose business.

Sorry Linus, the only things I buy from NCIX are "smaller" like memory, thermal paste, cpu coolers, fans, etc.

As for Sapphire, I never buy their products for the exact reasons being discussed here; crap warranty and crap customer service. Same goes for powercolor, diamond and visiontek. I've had great customer service and rma experience in the past with asus and xfx, so those 2 are my preference.