Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 28, 2011, 04:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I hate to say it JD, but I never Paid ASUS for identical services. IT cost me $8.25 to ship a GTX260 to them, 5 day turnaround, and no return cost/processing fee.

So to me, it still is a bitter pill to swallow to front $50 for something dead. And a reason why they will never get my vote of confidence.

-ST
Same I paid 15-20bux ( IDK the exact amount anymore) to ship a 275 to evga earlier this year, $20 is a far cry from $50
While it took about 20 days it still wasnt bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old September 28, 2011, 05:39 PM
FredDurstIsStillCool

No offence to the OP, but is this some kind of a revelation to you?

Sapphire's warranty has sucked (in Canada anyway) since at least the Radeon 9000 days. I'm amazed anyone buys their cards at all with options like XFX available.
Old September 28, 2011, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you are near montreal, go to the closest Microbytes, one of the head office employee is well plugged with Eprom and we can do RMA right to them. will cost you about 25$ for shipping that's all. At least, it was that when I was working for the company a years ago. Quebec work to.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old September 28, 2011, 06:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
If you are near montreal, go to the closest Microbytes, one of the head office employee is well plugged with Eprom and we can do RMA right to them. will cost you about 25$ for shipping that's all. At least, it was that when I was working for the company a years ago. Quebec work to.

No other options beyond that?

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 29, 2011, 06:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well assuming your in the GTA and have a car, or know somebody who does, $25 is reasonable IMO. Obviously though, only if you have a fairly expensive card. Honestly I'd never RMA a low-end card as it would never be worth the time, effort and money.

Either way though, I'm just saying it's not AS bad as the OP is making it out to be. They at least have a depot in Canada.

If we want to talk about BAD ATI vendors, look no further than Diamond (if they're even around anymore).

And I believe I've read a fair amount of complaints about XFX's RMA process too, so I'm not sure they're the greatest either. Perhaps cheaper, but service wise, maybe worse.

Basically everyone has their issues when RMA'ing anything. Some people's go smoothly, others run into tons of delays/lack of communication. It's just hit-n-miss it seems with any company really. I don't think any company has 100% positive feedback.
Old September 29, 2011, 09:51 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

They quoted me $40 for Admin/Freight, this does not include the price of me shipping the card to Ontario. Not sure if it's worth the money for a card that is worth about $150.....
Old September 29, 2011, 10:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

This is the first I've EVER heard a company charge a processing fee and/or make you pay for the return shipping of any computer part.
Old September 29, 2011, 07:29 PM
MVP

Visiontek did charge a $10 us return shipping cost 3yrs ago, won't bother with them anymore if they're still around.
Old September 30, 2011, 01:51 AM
Banned

An admin fee? Is Sapphire the only company to charge that? The rest just leave shipping up to you, right? They don't charge to send it back?

To the guy saying 'is this a revelation????' Hey, that was news to me. I suspect many don't know all the RMA terms or policies. If I ever buy an AMD/ATI card, I'll know to overlook Sapphire for simply this reason. That's crazy.

I believe EVGA and MSI are known as good cards for Nvidia and EVGA is said to have a half decent RMA policy? Palit, too or is it PNY?

For AMD, maybe only XFX is worthwhile since it's at least transferable and lifetime. But, I have read that XFX quality is suspect and XFX often moves cards away from reference pretty quickly and then there's no more reference cards after initial release? Still, it's good to have more options with warranty.

I don't aim to have a problem when I buy a card and most likely won't overclock or mess with voltages but maybe QC is poor among some of these cards? There's so many so if they don't put all cards through strict testing, some 'lemons' are missed or maybe some of these just don't overclock all that well and when people mess around with them, they need the RMA?
Old October 17, 2011, 09:54 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quick Update:

After a very polite but firm email expressing my disappointment and frustration with the Sapphire warranty, they have agreed to waive the admin/freight costs . The only cost on my end is the shipping to Ontario.