Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 24, 2011, 05:19 AM
Rookie

Unhappy Helpppppppppppppp

hi ALL

i have a hp media center, with a IPIBL-LA (Berkeley) motherboard and it had a geoforce gt8500, i have changed that for an inno3d nvidia gt220 1gb 1033ddr, it has DVI, VGA, and HDMI outputs, i want extended desktop accross two monitors both are VGA, one is connected to the DVI socket and the other to the VGA socket, i can duplicate the displays no problem, but when i try to extend the desktop, it just says on the second monitor "no signal" i have the latest drivers and it is driving me mad, the cpu is and amd quad 2.4gh and i have 6gb ram, with win 7 home premium does anyone have any idea's what could be wrong.
thanks
robin

Last edited by menorcarob; September 24, 2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old September 24, 2011, 09:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

do both monitors work properly? also I am wondering if that card actually supports duel monitors? I am asking this because it has one DVI and one ( I think that it is called) D-sub connector.
anyways if everything should be working then I would check in the nvidia control panel to make sure that you have the side by side setup for dual monitors , if this was \ is on an XP machine all you need to do is right click on the desktop and go into the video card properties and set it up from in there.
Old September 26, 2011, 05:08 AM
Rookie

both monitors work fine, i can even duplicate the screen using two ports, vga and the dvi, i just cannot extend the desktop, nvidia says that the card should run two monitors
Old September 26, 2011, 05:30 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Please ensure you have the latest drivers installed. I know Dualview was missing from some drivers this year. The newest WHQL driver does have it though.
Old September 26, 2011, 04:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's probably a nvidia driver + win 7 problem.

Try lower your refresh rate by 1hz-2hz on the displays.

If you are using 16:9 lcds, the driver might think they are hdtv. You might want to set a custom resolution.

If that doesn't work I recommend using the following drivers for older cards. 270.61, 260.99, 196.21.

Tags
gt 220