Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 23, 2011, 05:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Zotac GTX 570

I am really tempted to purchase this Zotac GTX 570. I know there is a MIR and not much should be taken into consideration about it, but so far I have a 100% record with those with 3-5 companies for around 10 rebates. Add to that the fact that I will definitively purchase Arkham City, it saves me around 50$.

I know Zotac is no EVGA or even MSI. I currently have an HD4890 which does most of what I want it to. Doesn't fold much, sometimes I get a bit of lag in SC2 in big battles on 4v4.

So far, the biggest reason I have found not to get it is because of coil whine which is something I can't stand. My card doesn't do it (or its noisy enough to cover it when under load), I read somewhere that MSI was good for that...

So the question is, do I go ahead and buy this card or I use my 4890 to keep me warm during cold winter nights and wait for the HD7000 or GTX600 or wait for another brand ?
Old September 23, 2011, 06:52 AM
Top Prospect

Yeah I saw that deal... so tempting but have the same reserves as you do about whether or not Zotac is worth purchasing over more recognized manufacturers.

Intel i5 2500K | Corsair H50 | Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H | 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz | R9 270X | Antec Gamer 900W
Kingston 64GB V100 - WD Black 500GB - WD Green 1.5TB | CM HAF 922 | Asus VW246H
| Logitech G15 v2 | Logitech G9x
| Logitech G930
Old September 23, 2011, 08:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I must say, Zotac is one of the few company which did marketing that works for me. Just the fact they sponsor SC2 tournement tends to give me a good opinion of them, but when I try to be rational I think I'm leaning more towards MSI or EVGA(for nvidia).
Old September 23, 2011, 09:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

As of right now, I've got an RMA in progress with them for my GTX570. Getting an RMA number took a day. Their email support is definitely lacking, but a phone call only took about 2 minutes to get a hold of somebody and they dealt with me quickly. They've also went with a modder friendly lifetime warrant as of lately, so that's a plus if you're into aftermarket stuff.

I can let you guys know what happens when they get my card if it's still relevant by that time.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old September 23, 2011, 09:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
As of right now, I've got an RMA in progress with them for my GTX570. Getting an RMA number took a day. Their email support is definitely lacking, but a phone call only took about 2 minutes to get a hold of somebody and they dealt with me quickly. They've also went with a modder friendly lifetime warrant as of lately, so that's a plus if you're into aftermarket stuff.

I can let you guys know what happens when they get my card if it's still relevant by that time.
You're talking about Zotac ?
Phone call... people still use those ?
Old September 23, 2011, 09:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

When you don't get a reply to your email after 4 days, you tend to get desperate. RMA was done online. You pick which card (listed by serial number) is broken, put in a description and poof, RMA number the next day. I had purchased my card in store and the receipt had faded, so I contacted them to see what could be done in that case. That email went unanswered, hence the phone call. Beats the hour wait I've had with BFG sometimes.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old September 23, 2011, 12:44 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Out of curiosity, how much was the deal for? The card is sold out and not displaying the sale price (I think....I'm assuming it was lower than $305...).
Old September 23, 2011, 01:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It was $269 after rebate.

As for Zotac, I have had a 8800GT which folded 24/7 for a couple years before I sold it, and a GTX 470 which also ran 24/7 folding for over a year before I sold that one. I would have no qualms buying another Zotac product as they have a lifetime warranty and they have a physical office in Richmond, BC. Even EVGA doesn't have a Canadian office.
Old September 23, 2011, 03:05 PM
Top Prospect

wow they didn't last very long...

Intel i5 2500K | Corsair H50 | Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H | 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz | R9 270X | Antec Gamer 900W
Kingston 64GB V100 - WD Black 500GB - WD Green 1.5TB | CM HAF 922 | Asus VW246H
| Logitech G15 v2 | Logitech G9x
| Logitech G930
Old September 23, 2011, 03:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta|Gear View Post
wow they didn't last very long...
Anyway, it was a shell shocker, so the sale ended at 3 or something.