Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2012, 11:21 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I finished my installation of the Accelero Twin Turbo II VGA Coolers.
Here are some pics:

After taking the cards apart and cleaning them, I installed the new heat sinks on the RAM. For the Voltage Regulators I modified the original heat sink.

I then attached the cooler to the GPU. You can't see it in the pics, but there are 5 copper heat pipes that go through the aluminum fins, with 2 92mm fans underneath.

First card installed.

There's very little clearance between the 2 cards, but luckily they fit. Each card takes up 3 PCI expansion slots. I also had to get a long flexible SLI bridge to wrap around the cooler.

Last edited by Toto; November 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old November 24, 2012, 04:13 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

ah that looks cool! Is it really quiet?
Old November 25, 2012, 01:15 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Yes, it is quiet. I would say they're about equal to my noctua fans. The 2 biggest benefits from this conversion was better cooling and near silent fans. Ill report back with temperature differences. I still need to experiment with the side fan to see if it works better having it blow outside air directly onto the cards, or have it suck hot air out. My front fans are intakes, my top and rear fans are exhaust, so I have 2 intake, 2 exhaust, plus the side fan which could be either. When I had the original evga covers on, having the side fan was definitely better as an intake fan, but with these coolers I think having that be an exhaust fan might be more effective. Not sure yet.
Old November 25, 2012, 01:23 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

it depends where the card is hot.for me it's hot on the side of em,at heatpipes,but its fresh on rear and anywhere. I had a pushing side fan that was only helping me of 1c,and it was a 250mm fan.I think it was more pushing the hot air towards the card than anything else.Anyway removed it for a CPU cooler. Actually ,i'm curious to see the results but i'm pretty sure this side fan won't give you much better performance. Don't break the great airflow of the 4 other case fans!

Also, if u have a pull CPU fan, it would be bad.I'm not a huge "fan" of side fans...

Fan of side fan, hahahaha