Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   560 Ti or 6950 HD ? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/45653-560-ti-6950-hd.html)

gamekraze August 14, 2011 11:12 PM

560 Ti or 6950 HD ?

Should i go for MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk or MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1GD5 Power Edition/OC ?

GT7R August 15, 2011 12:08 AM

1080p and below - 560ti, any higher res - 6950.

Arinoth August 15, 2011 04:49 AM

Also depends which you can get cheaper. You can get a used 560 Ti for around 200$ give or take, not quite sure how much the 6950 is however unless you want brand new used prices are always priced competitively.

gamekraze August 15, 2011 06:24 AM

ah , cool then i shall go for 560 Ti as im pretty sure i wont be playing any higher resolution than 1080 and 560 Ti is cheaper. thanks

bvsbutthd101 August 15, 2011 10:51 AM

I would go with the 560 ti, things a nasty overclocker.

kaboro August 19, 2011 08:22 PM

Do NOT buy anything Nvidia 5xx, the architecture is broken. If you buy Nvidia 5xx make sure you bookmark all the tech support forums around the net because thats where you will be spending your time.
I have been building my own PCs for 11 years, always went with Nvidia and Intel, after experiencing the gtx 580 in comparison to the gtx 480, i can say im one step away to going into ATI camp. The 5 family of nvidia GPUs is an insult to consumers. If you want to go Nvidia, get anything that starts with a 4 NOT with a 5, in your case get the 460 not the 560.

Bond007 August 20, 2011 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT7R (Post 541115)
1080p and below - 560ti, any higher res - 6950.

They are pretty close in performance, but the extra memory (6950 2gb) helps out at high resolutions. As mentioned by gt7r when at or below 1080p its pretty much your call.

AkG August 20, 2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaboro (Post 542457)
Do NOT buy anything Nvidia 5xx, the architecture is broken. If you buy Nvidia 5xx make sure you bookmark all the tech support forums around the net because thats where you will be spending your time.
I have been building my own PCs for 11 years, always went with Nvidia and Intel, after experiencing the gtx 580 in comparison to the gtx 480, i can say im one step away to going into ATI camp. The 5 family of nvidia GPUs is an insult to consumers. If you want to go Nvidia, get anything that starts with a 4 NOT with a 5, in your case get the 460 not the 560.

There is so much wrong with this comment I dont even know where to begin....screw it. I'll just say that who in their right mind thinks the 4 series is better than the 5? The 4 ran hotter, slower and used more juice than the 5s...ESPECIALLY the 580 vs 480...you know the one that the OP is not even talking about but you seem so focused on. :blarg:

I am glad you build your own rigs, but eleven years aint jack; nor does it matter a hill of beans. I've met idjiots that "build their own rigs" and I have met smart people who come to me to buy prebuilts. Building a rig is easy...getting it to WORK right is the hard part. This comes from someone who have been doing it for well over two decades now...crap it will be three in about year and a half's time. Man that makes feel old.

To the OP: Both are good kit you have chosen to pick from. TBH, if there is a big dif in price...get the cheaper, otherwise (and as others have said), ati for higher res, nv for lower. UNLESS you dont mind OC'ing. The 560s usually OC better....BUT it is a crap shoot. Figure out your budget, comfort level and you will be golden. :thumb:

Bond007 August 20, 2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 542534)
There is so much wrong with this comment I dont even know where to begin....screw it. I'll just say that who in their right mind thinks the 4 series is better than the 5? The 4 ran hotter, slower and used more juice than the 5s...ESPECIALLY the 580 vs 480...you know the one that the OP is not even talking about but you seem so focused on. :blarg:

I am glad you build your own rigs, but eleven years aint jack; nor does it matter a hill of beans. I've met idjiots that "build their own rigs" and I have met smart people who come to me to buy prebuilts. Building a rig is easy...getting it to WORK right is the hard part. This comes from someone who have been doing it for well over two decades now...crap it will be three in about year and a half's time. Man that makes feel old.

To the OP: Both are good kit you have chosen to pick from. TBH, if there is a big dif in price...get the cheaper, otherwise (and as others have said), ati for higher res, nv for lower. UNLESS you dont mind OC'ing. The 560s usually OC better....BUT it is a crap shoot. Figure out your budget, comfort level and you will be golden. :thumb:

well said. he has posted the same opinion in multiple threads. opinions are welcome, but i am not sure if this one is justified.