Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   How do you destroy your graphics card without doing any physical damage? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/45454-how-do-you-destroy-your-graphics-card-without-doing-any-physical-damage.html)

NineLives August 6, 2011 05:44 PM

How do you destroy your graphics card without doing any physical damage?
 
I just bought a 6950 today from my favorite Canadian computer shop.. I wont mention their name but the guy who was helping me pay for it offered a direct replacement warranty. Basically he told me that I should pay the 10 percent so I can exchange my card 3 times over a 3 year period... and I get a graphics card of equal or greater value.

So I payed the extra 40 dollars and he told me that all I had to do to exchange it in a year exactly is to destroy it on purpose without actually doing any physical damage. He also said that he shouldn't be telling me that LOL!

Anyways, just for the future how do I do it? I don't want to accidentally take my whole computer with it when I attempt to destroy it and I cant actually do anything that is visible to the human eye. So.. what do you guys suggest? I was thinking of putting the voltage to the max and running furmark on max settings for as long as possible until it stopped working and overheated.

supaflyx3 August 6, 2011 05:50 PM

Some people these days...
but yeah voltage increase, and furmark.

NineLives August 6, 2011 05:57 PM

He only told me that because im a regular. I buy all the PC parts for builds I do for people there. They LOVE ME!

_dangtx_ August 6, 2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NineLives (Post 538947)
I just bought a 6950 today from my favorite Canadian computer shop.. I wont mention their name but the guy who was helping me pay for it offered a direct replacement warranty. Basically he told me that I should pay the 10 percent so I can exchange my card 3 times over a 3 year period... and I get a graphics card of equal or greater value.

So I payed the extra 40 dollars and he told me that all I had to do to exchange it in a year exactly is to destroy it on purpose without actually doing any physical damage. He also said that he shouldn't be telling me that LOL!

Anyways, just for the future how do I do it? I don't want to accidentally take my whole computer with it when I attempt to destroy it and I cant actually do anything that is visible to the human eye. So.. what do you guys suggest? I was thinking of putting the voltage to the max and running furmark on max settings for as long as possible until it stopped working and overheated.

you dont

or you give it to somebody who doesnt have the spare cash to buy one :)

b1lk1 August 6, 2011 06:51 PM

FFS, and you wonder why companies are getting stricter with warranties. I don't even know where to begin, but your "buddy" must not like his job because if this was found out he could be prosecuted for fraud.

NineLives August 6, 2011 06:55 PM

Not my "buddy" he just remembers me. I spend thousands on their parts...

You really do pay through the nose for the warranty though.

_dangtx_ August 6, 2011 07:18 PM

well,thats with the store.

the guy wants to make sales so he pushes the envelope.

but the manufacturer who has to warrant the rma down the line...unless its the store who eats the 'loss'

not really a loss because probably only one percent of the tards i mean ppl actually listen to the tard and do kill it but still.

tis wrong maite

i wouldnt be able to do it not even (After) a douzen pints maite.

Arinoth August 6, 2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1lk1 (Post 538956)
FFS, and you wonder why companies are getting stricter with warranties. I don't even know where to begin, but your "buddy" must not like his job because if this was found out he could be prosecuted for fraud.

There will always be people around to find and abuse the grey area of warranties such that the rest of us end up getting screwed over when a company changes them to be a lot more stricter.

JJThomp August 6, 2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dangtx_ (Post 538960)
well,thats with the store.

the guy wants to make sales so he pushes the envelope.

but the manufacturer who has to warrant the rma down the line...unless its the store who eats the 'loss'

not really a loss because probably only one percent of the tards i mean ppl actually listen to the tard and do kill it but still.

tis wrong maite

i wouldnt be able to do it not even (After) a douzen pints maite.

Well it is tough to do much looking at screens after a dozen pints.

Kommie986 August 6, 2011 07:51 PM

If you set your one of your killstreaks as EMP, and you kill 15 of them, you can call in your EMP and kill this one.
Ah, so much killing.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 PM.