Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 6, 2011, 08:03 PM
Banned
F@H

actually we had a 'drunken pc build fest' last year and i won the grand prize.

only because mine was looking good,and not falling apart,was actually booting and all.

i messed up the water loop,forgot to tie something properly and after..hmm...maybe half an hour it

went up in sparks lol.
Old August 6, 2011, 11:03 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
There will always be people around to find and abuse the grey area of warranties such that the rest of us end up getting screwed over when a company changes them to be a lot more stricter.
lol you guys make me feel bad. Guess ill just have to exchange it if it really does break! Im gonna push it with an OC hard though because I wanna... not like im purposely trying to break it!
Old August 6, 2011, 11:37 PM
Banned
F@H

nine, we dont mean any harm.

just gets to me when i hear stuff like this lol.

hope i didnt sound too chhh on ya :)
Old August 7, 2011, 05:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLives View Post
I just bought a 6950...
I should pay the 10 percent...

So I payed the extra 40 dollars...
$400+40 for a 6950? It sounds to me like the store can easily eat the "extended warranty" costs if they charge those prices...
Old August 7, 2011, 05:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oh yeah, you increase the voltage, increase the speed do some folding then you stop the fan from spinning, I guess that should do it. And uncheck vpu recovery option from the drivers. I guess you can also write a different bios to the chip also.
Old August 7, 2011, 01:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

microwave.
Old August 7, 2011, 01:35 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
$400+40 for a 6950? It sounds to me like the store can easily eat the "extended warranty" costs if they charge those prices...
No, it was actually 290 dollars for the card before taxes. I honestly feel bad doing this to a good store that I think deserves money like NCIX or like newegg. Anyways who wouldn't do this to best buy, or furtureshop? Those asses inflate the prices of everything by 20 percent!
Old August 7, 2011, 02:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
actually we had a 'drunken pc build fest' last year and i won the grand prize.

only because mine was looking good,and not falling apart,was actually booting and all.

i messed up the water loop,forgot to tie something properly and after..hmm...maybe half an hour it

went up in sparks lol.
What's this fest all about? U guys get drunk and then build PC's? lol sounds entertaining!
Old August 7, 2011, 02:29 PM
Banned
F@H

well not drunk, we just down a set number of beers,nothing hard like liquor or such.

afterwards we get to building. its gonna be all air cooling from now on,and stock at that.

me bud tied only one screw in the mobo,he got it to post once,then he nudged the pc and off

it crossed the river :D

hard to get ppl together at the same time though. the build can be anything. brand new components or used,

like your old pc that you took down before getting there.

theres a couple firsts,like the first to go on the net, or the first to finish the physical building(no boot,but in one piece)

first to boot and so on. get all of those right,and you get the grand prize, which can be anything lol. i came with a few

wireless adapters and some small stuff like that and tru them in the 'prizes bin'.

we could organize something like that with members of the forums here.
Old August 7, 2011, 02:36 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Sounds awesome I must say. :)