Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   Is the R700 suppost be like dual core gpu (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/4520-r700-suppost-like-dual-core-gpu.html)

supernode February 9, 2008 05:16 AM

Is the R700 suppost be like dual core gpu

From what i read is that the new r700 by ati will support 4 gpus on one pcb by possably dual core gpu thats what i understood when i read this link <google r700 and read first link it let me put the link on here> if any one has a diffrent idea of this please post i would like to know more about the r700 cuase id like to see what there pitching for 2009 cause im thinking. That amd might have a quad core 45 nm cpu with the first to be seen dual core gpu now that would tempt me to spend 3 grand on a system!

A dual gpu video card amd could do it they have the tech to do it! bye bye navidia i dont know if navidia could keep up with that even with intel helping. Dont get me wrong i love my 7600 gt it rocked so did 5500 fx! amd would score big with the first dual gpu with its own special bus and every one have to buy there chips!

vdf22 February 9, 2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supernode (Post 39782)
From what i read is that the new r700 by ati will support 4 gpus on one pcb by possably dual core gpu thats what i understood when i read this link <GOOGLE here on link the put me let it first read and r700>if any one has a diffrent idea of this please post i would like to know more about the r700 cuase id like to see what there pitching for 2009 cause im thinking. That amd might have a quad core 45 nm cpu with the first to be seen dual core gpu now that would tempt me to spend 3 grand on a system!

A dual gpu video card amd could do it they have the tech to do it! bye bye navidia i dont know if navidia could keep up with that even with intel helping. Dont get me wrong i love my 7600 gt it rocked so did 5500 fx! amd would score big with the first dual gpu with its own special bus and every one have to buy there chips!

That's what rumours are suggesting. R770 is supposed to be the new GPU, and will be approx 50% faster than the current 3870, at about 8800 GTX speeds. And R700 will be two R770's put together. Then there might be two R700's on a PCB to make four GPU's. This would make it 2x the speed of the 3870x2. Of course, we don't know what Nvidia has been doing the past few months, and I guarantee they were'nt just twiddling their thumbs so they might release something totally unexpected this year so you never know whether they'll be behind or not. I do hope ATI wins this round though!:thumb:

These are just my thoughts. Of course, everything is all speculation right now so we don't know for sure.

b1lk1 February 9, 2008 03:20 PM

If you ask me, with the lack of anything new at CES from Nvidia and with only a new 9600 promised from them, I am really starting to wonder just what, if anything, Nvidia even has to bring to the table right now. They are not usually this silent. Only time will tell now......

vdf22 February 9, 2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1lk1 (Post 39836)
If you ask me, with the lack of anything new at CES from Nvidia and with only a new 9600 promised from them, I am really starting to wonder just what, if anything, Nvidia even has to bring to the table right now. They are not usually this silent. Only time will tell now......

Nvidia is usually better at keeping things than ATI :biggrin:. But it is strange that we aren't hearing much just yet. They've recently been countering everything ATI does (thing 8800GT), and I'm sure they'll at least try to do the same with R700. It's wierd that they seem to know everything that's going on at ATI so they know what to release that will compete with ATI.:ph34r:

Ugly n Grey February 9, 2008 06:29 PM

There are no real secrets in the tech world. There are just too many people involved in building this stuff. The reason more information isn't leaked is because credible sources won't break NDA's. Who wants to be sued over an ePenis posting on some forum when you have a six figure job? LOL.

G200 is closer than people think (standard disclaimer) "in my opinion backed up by nothing".

supernode February 10, 2008 03:06 PM

thanks for the info i wasnt to sure about what they were saying but now feel ill have to wait to see one of these cards just cant wait. U think that navidia is going to build dual core gpu cause i have heard rumors that intel is working with navidia! AMD was smart to aquire ati cause they have the technology to build dual core gpu and was what amd was thinking the whole time.
Just amagine a two quade core gpus on one pcb at 45 nm thats going to rock! it will completely do away with the need of crossfire or sli thats what see for the future. Thanks for the info!

BALISTX February 10, 2008 03:43 PM

Here is the Wikipedia Article on the R700 - Radeon R700 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

magictorch February 10, 2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly n Grey (Post 39869)
G200 is closer than people think (standard disclaimer) "in my opinion backed up by nothing".

whats the G200?

nick_black February 10, 2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1lk1 (Post 39836)

wouldn't the 9800GX2 by Nvidia be the competition? (I was thinking about getting the 8800, but I think I'll wait till this beast comes out.. :D

supernode February 10, 2008 11:00 PM

whats up with the 9800 gx2 there conecting it on a ribbon what kinda joke is that its like somthing ati would do in diffacult times sounds like navidia is strugling i really dont want to see them come up short cause the price go through the roof. 3dfx had the right idea it just wouldnt fit in any ones computer though.