I'm curious what the going rate is for these used these days?
I'm interested in getting a couple more of these and dropping my GTX 470
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum just didn't think this should be in the BST threads.
Thanks in advance!
Once I know what these are worth then I'll debate throwing a Buy thread up in the appropriate forum.
Are we talking tri-fire or quad-rife? Quad-fire has such diminishing returns that it just isn't worth it, IMO.
GTX 470s are generally better performers when it comes to DX11 so why not get a couple more GTX 470s used for tri-SLI or just hold onto the money you're going to spend, sell your 5870s and pick up some 6950s?
Anyway, to answer your question, I've seen used 5870s anywhere between $190-$225 shipped.
Alright thanks for your input.
I have a another guy that would be willing to buy my 5870 for around $200 and I am positive I can get a GTX 560 (not sure if its Ti) for a good price would I notice a huge difference in performance?
Then I could keep the GTX 470 if you believe they perform better!
Actually, I take back what I said! Appartently I was grossly misinformed!
I just did some more research and actually came across a review showing 5870s in tri-fire and 5970s in crossfire. 5870 tri-fire outperformed the quad-fire setup (poor scaling and support) in just about every benchmark. It also outperformed tri-SLI 480s in most cases. :shok:
Go pick up some used 5870s and enjoy the hell out of them.
Are you planning on putting 5870 crossfire in your other system or adding them to your main rig? If adding to the main rig, go with tri-fire, not quad. If adding to another machine you can still pick up a single 470 to SLI with the other one you have to have comparable performance (to 5870 crossfire) without spending much money.
560Ti is not really better than a HD5870, except in nVIDIA-friendly games and tesselation heavy apps.
However 560Ti's are a lot cooler and much quieter than a 5870.
Thanks for all the input have it in the works
Swapped both my 5870's (out of warranty for XFX 5870 2nd owner)
Got another GTX 470 coming, and have a 560 ti coming as well (both used but meh).
I then hope to turn around and sell the 470's and try to get 6950's or something to that affect :)
might even look at 580's (from a friend that are 1.5GB models) but still should be better then any of my current cards.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 PM.|