Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 23, 2011, 09:24 PM
Trial Member

Default Asus GTX 570 Direct CU II SLI Inquiry

Hey folks!

I currently own 1 Asus GTX 570 Direct CU II and am looking to run it in SLi in the very near future. I was wondering if anyone out there has these 2 cards in SLI. My concern is that it takes up 3-slots. I have the Asus P6Z68 V-Pro motherboard, so the 2 cards technically fits, however they will be right on top of each other.

My main question is if anyone out there is running these 2 in SLi and are right on top of each other. What kind of temps are you getting?

Thanks!

Old July 24, 2011, 11:38 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

ya that is going to be a potential problem IMHO. That top card is going to run much hotter and therefore the fans on it will really be humming. If you have a case that allows you to use a side fan in the removable side panel that will help quite a bit. I have been running SLi configs for a number of years and I always make sure to buy cards that I can place in an orientation where there is at least one vacant expansion slot between them. Currently I have two reference MSI 570 cards in my HAF X with a 200mm fan in the side panel and I am very happy with the results.
Old August 29, 2011, 08:25 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipples View Post
Hey folks!

I currently own 1 Asus GTX 570 Direct CU II and am looking to run it in SLi in the very near future. I was wondering if anyone out there has these 2 cards in SLI. My concern is that it takes up 3-slots. I have the Asus P6Z68 V-Pro motherboard, so the 2 cards technically fits, however they will be right on top of each other.

My main question is if anyone out there is running these 2 in SLi and are right on top of each other. What kind of temps are you getting?

Thanks!

Hey Tipples I have the exact same build as you as far as mobo and GPU, I want to put another GTX 570 in but im worried about that tight 1/8 gap between the cards. Have you put another one in yet or found anymore info on the matter?

I was thinking to do exactly what Phill said and put a side 200mm fan on my case (Haf 912) which i think should help keep everything ok....I hope.
Old August 29, 2011, 05:20 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

I have a feeling this might be a dead thread but could anyone if you may know comment on it.

Please and thank you.
Old August 30, 2011, 03:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

The info on that topic is really hard to find.

Very few people tried...
It was my plan to actually buy two of those for SLI...

From what I got from some users on other forums (can't find source), the top card could very well overheat. Now, can a side panel fan could possibly alleviate that? Maybe...

EDIT: I found this....
SLI with triple slot cards - good idea?
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Old August 30, 2011, 05:20 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delavan View Post
The info on that topic is really hard to find.

Very few people tried...
It was my plan to actually buy two of those for SLI...

From what I got from some users on other forums (can't find source), the top card could very well overheat. Now, can a side panel fan could possibly alleviate that? Maybe...

EDIT: I found this....
SLI with triple slot cards - good idea?

Thanks for the link... the answer they listed isnt what i was looking for :S... but I think I might have to brave it and configure an extreme fan cooling option to get rid of as much heat as I can. If only I had an extra slot space on my mobo .
Old August 30, 2011, 09:44 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

So after reading some more and in relation this post: SLI with triple slot cards - good idea?

I may be taking my chances to put two of them in SLI with the tight space I have unless I add as many fans as I can and hope for the best which I donít mind doing if it works(thoughts?).

Anyway my other option im looking at is putting in a Newegg.ca - MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III PE/OC GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card. Would this work, would I have lots of issues?

I would have to put the Asus on the bottom and the MSI on the top but I would prefer not only to stay with the same manufacturer but to use the Asus as the main display card for my monitors.

If anyone could shed some light.

Thanks very much.
Old February 7, 2012, 11:15 AM
Rookie

This is a pic with the temps of sli 570 dcii with no overclock on a sandybridge p8z68v-pro/gen3, inside a thermaltake v4, after a match in crysis 2. The cards are not intended for such mb, I guess they sell them with a long sli cable for a reason.

On furmark vga1 reached 98 quite fast before I closed it and it was still climbing. I'm not gonna worry about what will happen with the temp in summer because I'm gonna watercool them. The sound of the fans at 100% is .. I don't know, maybe someone else will like some turbines in his room!

On the other hand the performance from single to sli is something else. Everything is just smooth..

Old February 7, 2012, 11:22 AM
Hall Of Fame