Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old June 28, 2011, 10:08 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
wait so you got to buy a card in order to test 2 of them on a tri screen? thats absurd.

how badly does the new evga pr guy think of you lol!?

and no one around with a loaner?
It sounds like you are talking about me. Just to make it clear I have no affiliation with Evga or Nvidia other than being an end user of their products.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old June 28, 2011, 11:19 AM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,612
Default

Great news! Zotac has stepped up to the plate and is sending one of their 3GB cards. Going to set up my 3D Vision Surround system tonight!


Everything will be answered once and for all...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old June 28, 2011, 11:26 AM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emach View Post
Well, the as intended comment is my assertion not Evga's or Nvidia's. But it's clear that 1.5 gddr5 is enough on most titles while playing 1080 resolution. Since Nvidia has the limitation of not running tri monitors on one card, then sli regrettably is nessisary. (Yes I know the 590 can do it.)
I have to ask: how can you be certain that most titles need more than 1.5GB when playing at 1080? Open up EVGA's Monitor in Precision and you'll see every title (other than a few here and there of course) don't even max out 1GB cards at 1080. Most of the time, the GPU itself is the bottleneck....or the CPU depending on the game.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old June 28, 2011, 11:44 AM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

very nice. another thumbs up for zotac!!!
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old June 28, 2011, 12:16 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I have to ask: how can you be certain that most titles need more than 1.5GB when playing at 1080? Open up EVGA's Monitor in Precision and you'll see every title (other than a few here and there of course) don't even max out 1GB cards at 1080. Most of the time, the GPU itself is the bottleneck....or the CPU depending on the game.
Huh? That's not what I said. I said that most games don't need more than 1.5gb vram
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old June 28, 2011, 12:19 PM
Keltron 3030's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Pearl, Newfoundland
Posts: 621

My System Specs

Default

HURRAY FOR ZOTAC!!!!

Can't wait for the review now. hopefully it's up after I get home from the long weekend :P
__________________
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old June 28, 2011, 12:49 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Great news! Zotac has stepped up to the plate and is sending one of their 3GB cards. Going to set up my 3D Vision Surround system tonight!


Everything will be answered once and for all...
Can I ask that you also run it in 2D surround as well as 3D. And if you have the monitors I'd love to see how all these cards perform at 2560 x 3. Thanks Skymtl!

I know I don't post much but I follow you guys on YouTube all the time.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old June 28, 2011, 01:30 PM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emach View Post
Can I ask that you also run it in 2D surround as well as 3D. And if you have the monitors I'd love to see how all these cards perform at 2560 x 3. Thanks Skymtl!
Yeah, I wish I had 3x 2560 monitors. I'll be doing 3x 1920 x 1080 for 2D and 3D.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old June 28, 2011, 01:47 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

btw sky, has your image of zotac (greatly) improved lately? :)

ive dropped a bunch of there cards into builds since a little while ago,im not seeing more rma's than
giga asus etc..:)
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old June 28, 2011, 02:47 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St. John's
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Yeah, I wish I had 3x 2560 monitors. I'll be doing 3x 1920 x 1080 for 2D and 3D.
This is great news, looking forward to the results.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSI GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme Edition (XE) 3GB Review Comment Thread SKYMTL Video Cards 19 May 31, 2011 05:17 PM
MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning Review Comment Thread SKYMTL Video Cards 18 May 15, 2011 12:56 PM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Review Comment Thread SKYMTL Video Cards 186 December 8, 2010 02:29 AM
EVGA GeForce GTX 280 Review Comment Thread SKYMTL Video Cards 105 July 31, 2008 04:42 PM