Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24, 2011, 07:25 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Gigabyte GTX 580 Super Overclock Review Comment Thread

With the GTX 580 cards maturing in the marketplace, board partners have begun to release pre-overclocked versions of NVIDIA's current single GPU flagship. A short time ago we looked at MSI's Lightning and came away impressed. Today, Gigabyte's GTX 580 Super Overclock steps up to the plate and it looks ready to take on the big boys.

[ Read full article ]

Last edited by SKYMTL; May 24, 2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old May 24, 2011, 08:53 PM

My System Specs

Not sure how some of these Gigabyte engineers think. They honestly took time in designing their new motherboards to make them aesthetically pleasing. But yet they still make every one of their videocards with a nasty ugly blue PCB.
Old May 24, 2011, 09:46 PM
Banned
F@H

at that price tag,even with 3 gigs of ram it wouldnt be a decent banger per bucker
but then again, what is..up there? :)

good jobbe dude
Old May 25, 2011, 04:12 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Not sure how some of these Gigabyte engineers think. They honestly took time in designing their new motherboards to make them aesthetically pleasing. But yet they still make every one of their videocards with a nasty ugly blue PCB.
I'd say it matches the blue colour scheme of all the new P67 motherboards and crazy bright blue LEDs on basically every electronic device released in the last decade.

Blue is the new beige.
Old May 25, 2011, 05:58 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Actually, the 3GB cards are approaching the $600 mark....
Old May 25, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Video Cards

Regardless of the look, which I'm no fan of either lowfat, they still perform with admirable results. It makes u

wonder if they're trying to squash the reference sales.

It's a good thing the cards r generally only visible along the top edge rather than the front when installed.

Tolerable I suppose. Low sound with high performance is what I'm after. now if only XFX would get back 2 Nvidia.
Love those dbl lifetime warranties.

Great job on the review btw.