Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1, 2008, 10:26 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Dell came up with a peltier style hybrid cooler, not a new Idea, but different. For the price, you might as well buy a walk in freezer!

Dell XPS 720 H2C Desktop Details
Old February 1, 2008, 11:06 AM
Rookie

the compreser i got was not for a freezer it was for a server room cooler...like the walk in things but only for a server about the size of a big frig is about as big as a small case. and it it made for cooling down systems.. and i am not going to stick the mobo and stuff in with out a heat sink so i will be running it with really nice air cooling but it the air around it is -20 it is much nicer then wen its +30but and it dus not just cool like a normal compereser that just has cooling eliments and stuf this blows the cold air into the server case kinda like the way a aircon system works but like 100times stronger, made to keep a temp of ....(diablo runs down into the work shop to see what it says on the nice yellow sticker on the side....and get some motion lotion on the way (coffee) it ment to keep a temp of -15 but thats for a big ass sever set up. the only con is to get a case for it made i have to get the head engener a date on Friday night for him to make a case for it ...this will not be ease. (he is 38 and livs in his moms garage...which is also his work shop...its a sad site...

sorry i English is not my 1st lang.
4gbs ddr2 ram
2x wd rapter RAID =150RAID
500gb sata2
Foxconn MARS board
Ati 3870x2 1gb"in the mail"

Old February 1, 2008, 11:19 AM
Rookie

Default da man wit da plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecher View Post
Dell came up with a peltier style hybrid cooler, not a new Idea, but different. For the price, you might as well buy a walk in freezer!

Dell XPS 720 H2C Desktop Details

thanks man for the info i looked it up but 1st you are right it was pricy...and there where alot of ppl in the forms that were unimpresed by it ....o wile we r on the idea of super cooling systems.. any one know of a way to weld or seal something so well that N atoms get get throw? cus if we could then we have just salved the prob of liquid nitrogen cooling and your cpu cooling can be a 5cm cube of liquid N. and thats all and it wood stay at like -100 or more i dono...i think its like -160 and cus it could not get out it could not expand i.e. it could not evaporate i.e. it wood stay as liquid i.e. it wood stay vary cold... wow i allmost sound smart...o ya..who da man...
4gbs ddr2 ram
500gb sata2
Foxconn MARS board

Old February 1, 2008, 11:20 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Sounds like an interesting project. I'm not familiar with server cooling but if it's hot and humid out your going to get lots of moisture on the condenser, like the puddle of water under a car that has A/C on, or the water dripping from a window A/C unit. Just something to keep in mind...
Old February 1, 2008, 11:27 AM
Rookie

hmm good point ...but i think i should set op a drain system..but i just dont know....
i gess i could just get water cooling...but that takes all the fun out of it
4gbs ddr2 ram
500gb sata2
Foxconn MARS board

Old February 1, 2008, 11:29 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
thanks man for the info i looked it up but 1st you are right it was pricy...and there where alot of ppl in the forms that were unimpresed by it ....o wile we r on the idea of super cooling systems.. any one know of a way to weld or seal something so well that N atoms get get throw? cus if we could then we have just salved the prob of liquid nitrogen cooling and your cpu cooling can be a 5cm cube of liquid N. and thats all and it wood stay at like -100 or more i dono...i think its like -160 and cus it could not get out it could not expand i.e. it could not evaporate i.e. it wood stay as liquid i.e. it wood stay vary cold... wow i allmost sound smart...o ya..who da man...
I think the theory behind liquid nitrogen is that it gives up it's heat by changing from a liquid to a gas, if it was not allowed to evaoparate it would not be cold? It's the expansion that make it cold. seal it up and I don't think it would stay cold?
Old February 1, 2008, 11:36 AM
Rookie

i think so i have bin messing around in my step dads lab with his L.N. and i cealed ip up in a thrmas and it lasted about 2weeks or 3 and it was freazing cold the hole time i put it on a stove to see what hapend and it just started to leak out faster... but i am a at engener and know nothing about this stuf ...
4gbs ddr2 ram
500gb sata2
Foxconn MARS board

Old February 1, 2008, 11:40 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
i think so i have bin messing around in my step dads lab with his L.N. and i cealed ip up in a thrmas and it lasted about 2weeks or 3 and it was freazing cold the hole time i put it on a stove to see what hapend and it just started to leak out faster... but i am a at engener and know nothing about this stuf ...
Check this out for some "light" reading... particularly the storage part. it has to vented or the Px would go though the roof and explode.

Liquid Nitrogen
Old February 1, 2008, 11:49 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecher View Post
Check this out for some "light" reading... particularly the storage part. it has to vented or the Px would go though the roof and explode.

Liquid Nitrogen

hmm i gess having a heat sink thats redy for lift off at any moment is not what the world is ready for yet .... o well gess i need something new to think about ...or pretend to think about .....o i ment to ask some one is water cooling that much better then a good aftermarkit air heat sink?
4gbs ddr2 ram
500gb sata2
Foxconn MARS board

Old February 2, 2008, 09:56 PM
Allstar

Does anyone have a review of these in CrossfireX yet ?