Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3, 2011, 04:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Multi Monitor Span & Clone

Does Windows allow you to setup monitors in different configs for span and or clone?

Or is it just span and or clone?

Ie: Say you have 2 GPUS with a total of 6 outputs.. Could you tell 3 of those to span and 3 of them to clone?
Old May 3, 2011, 05:08 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Does Windows allow you to setup monitors in different configs for span and or clone?

Or is it just span and or clone?

Ie: Say you have 2 GPUS with a total of 6 outputs.. Could you tell 3 of those to span and 3 of them to clone?
I would think it would be possible to create 2 display groups on an Ati card, one for extended and one for clone.
Old May 3, 2011, 05:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Windows does not allow you to do this from my understanding. Now that said I'm not sure if you could pull this with something from ATI or Nvidia, but if not then there should be third party stuff that will. One product is Ultramon, although I'm not completely sure it can do that.

Edit: From what I read you can do it with Ultramon.