Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29, 2011, 11:29 AM
Rookie

Default Eyefinity resolution problem

Hey all.

I am running a triple screen racing rig with a Sapphire HD6950 2gb card. I have the display port monitor hooked up in the middle and the 2 DVI ports running the left and right one. The monitors are all exactly the same (24" Philips). I have always noticed that with the middle and the right monitor it the image was great, very crisp and clear. However, the one on the right was not as good, almost like it was set to a lower resolution even though it wasnt. I figured what the hell, it's off to the left anyway, I only really need to look forward and it looks good enough as it is.

Everything was great....until this past week. I fired everything up and the middle monitor had taken on the same characteristics as the left one. Things were more jagged, less crisp, text was a bit blurry looking. However, the right one still looks great. I have tried adjusting setting after setting and cannot get it back to "normal". Would anyone know at all why this could have happened?

Last night I downloaded the new 11.4 drivers but have not installed them yet. The resolution for the monitor group is 5760 x 1080 (each monitor is 1920 x 1080). If anyone has any help to offer I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

RJ
Old April 29, 2011, 11:45 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Go into the Windows Display Manager and check the resolution there.

Did you set up Bezel Correction? If not, attempt to do so, create a new resolution and apply that resolution in the Display Manager.