LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 27, 2011, 08:28 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Still very high temps or not?

Graphics card
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 5770 Vapor-X 860/1200 factory clock

After 5:26 furmark load 99% and temp 87C

I vacuumed it, the card is like 7-8 months old. People say the thermal paste may be dried?? I don't think so because the card is not so old.
I thought the "Vapor-X" thing was all cool and no temps of 87C?

Anybody help. The temps only are getting higher and higher as time flies.

Idle temps with fan 100% 42C, not max speed just normal 43C average

Temps with case side panel removed and put a real fan there, one you use in house temps drop to 75 deg C average
PLaying BFBC2 temps 70deg average

I think getting a new case + buying arctic mx-5 paste will solve the fuss

Edit: Tried furmark again with the fan fan fan, and temps were at 66 deg C for 1 hour and 24min all the time.
Yea, the case is the suspect

Last edited by BFighter; April 28, 2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old April 27, 2011, 08:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

What case is this all in?

I've never personally owned a 5770 , but that seems a little high to me. It is still probably in the safe Zone.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 27, 2011, 09:34 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Looked it up and case is Sharkoon Revenge Value
Old April 27, 2011, 09:40 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Furmark load is a little bit unrealistic as it will stress your GPU more than what you can expect from playing normal games. You could probably start by improving your case air flow by doing cable management or add more fans. Try testing this out with your side panel removed and run Furmark again. If the temps are still high then the problem is something else. You could still try changing your thermal paste just to confirm that the thermal paste is not the cause of the problem.
Old April 27, 2011, 09:47 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0991 View Post
Furmark load is a little bit unrealistic as it will stress your GPU more than what you can expect from playing normal games. You could probably start by improving your case air flow by doing cable management or add more fans. Try testing this out with your side panel removed and run Furmark again. If the temps are still high then the problem is something else. You could still try changing your thermal paste just to confirm that the thermal paste is not the cause of the problem.
Already did the best I could. Not changing thermal paste. I think that will be very unlikely and may only lead to 2-3 deg drop and also will void the warranty.
Old April 27, 2011, 10:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It is true that Furmark will take a card beyond what one would normally see.

But looking at your case, if you have all the fan points populated I cannot see why you are having such high temps.

You literally have a 250mm Fan in direct path to that GPU.

Being Sapphire, yes you will probably void the warranty doing TIM replacement so don't bother.

you just happen to have one very hot running card, and perhaps the heatsink is just a poor design with the case you have it in.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old April 27, 2011, 10:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
It is true that Furmark will take a card beyond what one would normally see.

But looking at your case, if you have all the fan points populated I cannot see why you are having such high temps.

You literally have a 250mm Fan in direct path to that GPU.

Being Sapphire, yes you will probably void the warranty doing TIM replacement so don't bother.

you just happen to have one very hot running card, and perhaps the heatsink is just a poor design with the case you have it in.

ST
So to make a long story short: I'm unlucky
Old April 27, 2011, 11:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I hate to say it but yeah, something is just not right for the card to run that hot from what I've seen on 5770's. Again though I've never had a sapphire, nor have I had your particular card/case combo. But all things point to you getting good airflow there.

Sorry mate, I am stumped on this one. Again you are probably within safe temps still but cooler is better.

ST

Old April 27, 2011, 12:37 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I hate to say it but yeah, something is just not right for the card to run that hot from what I've seen on 5770's. Again though I've never had a sapphire, nor have I had your particular card/case combo. But all things point to you getting good airflow there.

Sorry mate, I am stumped on this one. Again you are probably within safe temps still but cooler is better.

ST
I hope you still can sleep Soul :) Not worrying about the card in your dreams :D
Old April 27, 2011, 01:38 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFighter View Post
I hope you still can sleep Soul :) Not worrying about the card in your dreams :D
I sleep well at night regardless.

ST