Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 26, 2011, 08:08 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default quick double check

so i've decided to do a 6870 cfx and im in between the msi hawk and xfx non-reference. im leaning towards the hawk but since its 3/4" longer than reference cards im worried that it wont fit in my cm scout case. so does and one have a similar set up or just long cards in there systems so i can be reassured that the hawk will fit.
Old April 26, 2011, 08:50 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It is going to be pretty tight in there.
I barely got my GTX275 into the Scout and that was 10.5".

If the Hawk is 3/4 more than the XFX I don't think it will fit.

Go the XFX route, for both the shorter design, and longer warranty.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 26, 2011, 04:33 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

On the XFX website, it says 10.3 inches. On the MSI website, it says 25.5cm and that's exactly 10 inches. So the HAWK should be shorter. Also, the power connectors stick out the side. So the MSI one should not be a problem.
Edit: I always felt that MSI was better quality for non reference designs (not a lot of people like XFX's non-reference designs).

Last edited by Kommie986; April 26, 2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old April 26, 2011, 08:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommie986 View Post
On the XFX website, it says 10.3 inches. On the MSI website, it says 25.5cm and that's exactly 10 inches. So the HAWK should be shorter. Also, the power connectors stick out the side. So the MSI one should not be a problem.
Edit: I always felt that MSI was better quality for non reference designs (not a lot of people like XFX's non-reference designs).
RIght on, didnt' even notice the MSI site one. I went on obviously wrong info on Etailer site.

If thats the case then it will be an easy fit inside the Scout.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 27, 2011, 07:35 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

awesome looks like im gettin some msi cards then thanks guys for the reassurance.