Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24, 2011, 09:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delavan View Post
just for kicks...thermal imagery of the GTX590 (from hardware.fr) sorry it's in french only for now...

Dossier : Nvidia rpond AMD avec la GeForce GTX 590 (page 4: Tempratures) - HardWare.fr
So that, vs this:
[MAJ] Dossier : cartes graphiques et dgagement thermique (page 22: Radeon HD 6990) - HardWare.fr

These cards need to be watercooled and that is just that.
Old March 24, 2011, 09:57 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

For the nice sum of around $1,450.00 for a pair of GTX 590's for a Quad SLI setup. Nothing short of a pair of HD 6990's in quad Crossfire X can touch them.

P.S. If I had won the lottery I'd be really tempted on getting the following Rig.

Intel I7 990X CPU
Corsiar H60 Cooler
24GB Corsair 1600MHz Vengeance Memory
Gigabyte G1 Assasin Mobo
2 EVGA GTX 590 Classfied Video Cards
128MB Corsair Performance 3 SSD For OS
2TB WD Black for Storage
LG Bluray Burner Drive
a second Basic LG 18X DVD drive
all installed in the Coolermaster HAF-X Nvidia Edition Case
Powered by the Corsair 80-Plus Gold AX1200 PSU

And For the Monitor the DELL 30"

Last edited by grifter11; March 24, 2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old March 24, 2011, 10:13 PM
Banned
F@H

man both dual gpu solutions run hot but the 590 just takes the cake
Old March 25, 2011, 01:23 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Ouf...I need courage to post here tonight...

Please no bashing

I DID ORDER ONE OF THOSE....ouf...don't ask me why plz, but I did.
I must say, enjoy the hell out of it! Happy for you :)
And if anyone will dare to bash you for it, don't even bother answering them, they all just envy.
Old March 25, 2011, 01:51 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Pavel, if you are referring to non-reference cards, I'm not too sure that's gonna happen, if it's aftermarket cooling, then maybe.

In north america, only ASUS and EVGA will be selling these cards, and all cards are made by nVidia (for nVIDIA I should say...)
Which means we wont see any Gigabyte UD/Asus DCU/MSI Hawk and other custom pcb & cooler designs? :(
Old March 25, 2011, 03:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delavan
Pavel, if you are referring to non-reference cards, I'm not too sure that's gonna happen, if it's aftermarket cooling, then maybe.

In north america, only ASUS and EVGA will be selling these cards, and all cards are made by nVidia (for nVIDIA I should say...)

Which means we wont see any Gigabyte UD/Asus DCU/MSI Hawk and other custom pcb & cooler designs? :(
Hold on...I might have been wrong there...

You want some FUD?

Non-reference GTX 590 should follow up shortly

I NEVER know what to think about FUD's news...LOL anyway, we'll have to WAIT and SEE.

Quote:
Factory overclocked, non-reference cooled
It is not that common for non-reference cards to follow the launch so closely but we heard that at least some non-reference GTX 590s will be announced, if not even launched in the first weeks after the official launch.

We still can't confirm any details on how high will the actual factory overclock be and what kind of cooling would these non-reference cards go for, but it is nice to know that they're on the way. Some partners might even go for the full custom design with its own PCB. The GTX 590 is the new Nvidia's flagship and we are quite sure that some partners will try to squeeze a few MHz from the card, despite its high TDP.
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Old March 25, 2011, 05:48 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by artistpavel View Post
How soon before we see the non reference air cooling for this and most importantly the black PCB, it's just bothers me to see a default greenish PCB edge on such high-end hardware.
It has a black PCB.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
so sky did you burn your sample or your hands were tied? :)
Both my samples are overclocked to around 700Mhz and have been folding away under an assumed name for the last ~60 hours.
Old March 25, 2011, 07:27 AM
Trial Member

Default the gtx 590 is dead

tell me how on heavens earth that the gtx 590beats the 6990 after almost every site was dissapointed with the gtx 590i havent seen any site gives it a victory everyone prefers the 6990 seems like ur a favouriteism of nvidia r do they cuts the check around here what r the suprises thats it full of numerious sites start complaining that their cards r dead when trying to ajust the voltage ive never heard of an ati amd card died in reviews if i was like amd i would even stifle the compitition by taking like say $40 bucks off and just call it a day and see who will buy nshita
Old March 25, 2011, 08:14 AM
Banned
F@H

thats good to hear. so basically if you forget about the voltage and oc on stock as much as possible..itll be fine?
Old March 25, 2011, 10:16 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggart5446 View Post
tell me how on heavens earth that the gtx 590beats the 6990 after almost every site was dissapointed with the gtx 590i havent seen any site gives it a victory everyone prefers the 6990 seems like ur a favouriteism of nvidia r do they cuts the check around here what r the suprises thats it full of numerious sites start complaining that their cards r dead when trying to ajust the voltage ive never heard of an ati amd card died in reviews if i was like amd i would even stifle the compitition by taking like say $40 bucks off and just call it a day and see who will buy nshita
I see only a few areas where the GTX 590 beats the HD 6990 in our tests. I said as much in the conclusion and our "average" charts bear that out.