Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2011, 12:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

My guess is that there will be more partially-crippled cards to fill in holes in the price charts and move GPU's with defects. And that is purely a guess, as us moderators don't get any advance notice of new releases, the editorial staff take their NDA's pretty seriously.
Old April 1, 2011, 01:11 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
If you think the market is cluttered now, wait till the end of April. It will get worse since there are STILL a ton of last gen cards in the channel and more new cards being released next month.
Strike one?
Old April 1, 2011, 06:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by artistpavel View Post
Probably more underpowered crap like GTX 510 or something.
Sadly its the underpowered stuff that sells the most through OEM's.

I think I saw a year back or so that we only made like 10-15% of the market. With the majority of gpu stuff going to integrated devices and OEM suppliers.

I could be mistaken.

regardless I am okay for lower end stuff to use as either PhysX or for cheap light gaming builds.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 1, 2011, 08:52 AM
Banned
F@H

also with amd, unlocking may be worth something else if they decide to do it a la 6950. i wish we could move this in the speculation thread though

yo sky, any news on other than reference 590's yet? i want to see these beasts with a proper pcb+componentry!!!