Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 21, 2011, 10:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default lcd tv won't work with my gtx 560

Sorry for this wall of text, but I'm at my wits end. I've tried everything I can think of to get my 560 to work with my 47" lcd tv (1080p) and new 24" lcd monitor (1080p).
When I was using my gtx 275 with my old 22" lcd monitor, I hooked up to my tv using dvi to my monitor and 2nd dvi with hdmi adapter to my tv. My old monitor had a 1680x1050 native res so I simply cloned that desktop res to my tv without issues except for the desktop being a tiny bit too big for the tv screen. This setup also works on my girlfriend's pc. She has a gt 240, my old 22" monitor and connects dvi to monitor and hdmi port to the tv. Same settings as above and no issues.

I tested both dvi outs and the mini hdmi out to my monitor and all 3 work at 1080p. I even tried my old dvi to hdmi adapter to my monitor to make sure it wasn't at fault. I've tried every combination I can think of to get dual desktops but no go. I can have the desktop on one or the other when connected individually. If both screens are connected to my video card, I get what looks like an extended desktop on my tv (can't change settings or access nv control panel) and my monitor goes into powersave mode. When I wake up my monitor, I get the same extended desktop on my monitor (can't change settings or access nv control panel) and my tv switches to "no signal".

I have tried every driver available for the 560 including betas with the same result. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a possible driver issue? Is it something totally stoooopid that I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old March 22, 2011, 12:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Left click in dektop/ Nividia control pannel /Display/Cange resution

see if the tv shows up there and

Change realution

Edit : might need a facyer cable ?
Old March 22, 2011, 09:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Still a no go. With only my monitor connected I open the nv control panel and slide the window all the way to the right of my screen. I then connected my tv. The result was a flickering desktop on my tv and my monitor went into powersave mode as soon as I reconnected it to the gpu. When I disconnect the tv, the monitor automatically wakes up and shows the desktop. Could different refresh rates be a possible cause?

Old March 22, 2011, 01:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yes could be ?
Old March 23, 2011, 09:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No luck as of yet. I will be doing a fresh windows install on my new ssd over the weekend. Maybe that will magically solve my issue.

Old April 14, 2011, 05:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Solved! well sort of...

I played around with the resolutions and finally found one that works. It took some doing. 1080i, 1768X992 at 25Hz is the highest I can go with this monitor and TV.