Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 23, 2008, 11:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Voiding Warrenty's with non-stock HSFs

Interesting thread, I bought a Sapphire card, it's my second. I'm not in the habit of removing the heat sinks so I haven't come across the warranty issue. on wood.

Now of course I've bought one of those HD2900 cards and it's a little noisy despite being cooled adequately so I'm considering putting on an Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 2900. Before I do that though I saw a thread on NCIX by SKYMTL which brought me here.

He was recommending the Thermalright HR-11, it's a backside cooler so you don't have to remove the stock cooler, it's not expensive and I'd hazard a guess that it wouldn't void the warranty since it doesn't involve modifying the stock card. I'm grateful to SKY for that one, I'm going to try it while I'm waiting for the Xtreme 2900 to be available.
Old January 26, 2008, 11:59 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
I agree, HIS is the way to go. Never buying sapphire again, they are jerking me around on RMA because I had the stupid HSF off to run H20. Watercooling the card didnt kill the mem, their crappy chips did, but try telling them that.
Woah, that's crazy, I'm getting jerked around in RMA for the exact same issue. Any advice? (blatant hijack)
Old January 26, 2008, 12:32 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Never, ever admit to running water cooling to an ATI board partner. To them that's akin to you taking a bath with your computer clutched in your arms.