Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20, 2011, 11:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Given your preferences I would say 560 if you have the money for it (since you won't have to worry about graphics for a while with it). If money is a bit of a concern, or you just don't want to spend that much, then grab a 768mb gtx 460, which is a great bang for buck and won't have a problem with SCII. Given the current prices of 1gb 460 I wouldn't buy one unless I found a great deal.
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Old March 21, 2011, 09:58 AM
Rookie

Thanks again for your inputs!

I'm beginning to be convinced to get myself a 560Ti. Maybe mostly because it's just more awesome! And the relative price vs performance against a 460 points towards the 560Ti as most of you say!

So. Which one to get?! I've been looking a bit around and found the Gigabyte GV N560OC-1GI (1GB) is a little bit cheaper (here in Denmark) compared to the MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC (1GB). Though the price difference is pretty much insignificant so my question is which one of these two cards would be the best buy? I'm leaning towards the MSI purely because my mobo is a MSI as well and my gut feeling tells me that two components from the same manufacturer should work well together. That's just a hunch though...
Old March 21, 2011, 10:30 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benya View Post
Thanks again for your inputs!

I'm beginning to be convinced to get myself a 560Ti. Maybe mostly because it's just more awesome! And the relative price vs performance against a 460 points towards the 560Ti as most of you say!

So. Which one to get?! I've been looking a bit around and found the Gigabyte GV N560OC-1GI (1GB) is a little bit cheaper (here in Denmark) compared to the MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC (1GB). Though the price difference is pretty much insignificant so my question is which one of these two cards would be the best buy? I'm leaning towards the MSI purely because my mobo is a MSI as well and my gut feeling tells me that two components from the same manufacturer should work well together. That's just a hunch though...

I'd opt for the ASUS one myself if I was choosing the 560Ti, but thats just me.
As for getting an MSI because you have an MSI board that means nothing at all.
It doesn't matter who makes what, the card will work just fine no matter the vendor.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 21, 2011, 11:39 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I would go with whichever card is the cheaper one. Kind of odd to see a Gigabyte being cheaper than a MSI. It's the other way around here with MSI being the cheaper brand. The Gigabyte cooler is Twin Frozr II -ish so I think it will work about the same.

There is no such thing as MSI graphic cards will work better with MSI boards. MSI is a pretty flexible manufacturer and I like the MSI Afterburner that works with pretty much any GC regardless of brands.
Old March 21, 2011, 01:35 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I would go for a 560 in your situation. Galaxy is cheap at newegg, $236 plus a $30 MIR on top of that. Good and quiet cooler on it and the fans popup for cleaning.

Newegg.ca - Galaxy 56NGH6HS4IXZ GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I bought the 460 version of it and like it a lot.
Old March 24, 2011, 03:32 AM
Rookie

Thanks again!

So to summon up, it doesn't really matter which 560ti I should go for. Yeah I'm pretty much convinced to go all-in with the 560! It'd be awesome if I could order it from any of the links you've posted but there will be an additional 25% sales tax added to the total price when shipping abroad to Denmark, unfortunately.
So I'll keep my eyes open for the best bargain on a 560ti! Can't wait to get my hands on one!