Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18, 2011, 05:49 PM
Top Prospect

Default crossfire with 2 monitors

How do I make it so that both of my 5770's are focused on my main monitor, and not just have one sitting idle?

I did a furmark test and only one of my video cards is actually doing its job, while the other one is just sitting their idle. I want to group my displays so that both cards are displaying my 2 monitors as one.

How do I fix this problem?
Old March 18, 2011, 05:54 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Let me google that for you
Old March 18, 2011, 06:29 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addictedtokaos View Post
Thanks dumbass, that was the first thing I googled, and nothing helpful showed up. What makes you think I'd go straight to the forums to ask this? I guess since I wont get help here I'll get it from the AMD forums. THanks a lot!
Old March 18, 2011, 08:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I think the only way would be to enable Eyefinity assuming both monitors are the same resolution.

Otherwise it's probably best to disable the 2ndary display while gaming. That's what I do since my 2nd monitor is of a lesser resolution.
Old March 18, 2011, 09:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yea you need eyefinity running (havent tested!) I would assume because otherwise your second card is just driving the secondary monitor which is why furmark is only using the one GPU. That, or like JD said, turn off (disable) your second monitor and make sure xfire is on
Old March 18, 2011, 09:15 PM
NCIX System Builder

My System Specs

did you bridge your videocards
Old March 18, 2011, 11:06 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
I think the only way would be to enable Eyefinity assuming both monitors are the same resolution.

Otherwise it's probably best to disable the 2ndary display while gaming. That's what I do since my 2nd monitor is of a lesser resolution.
I disabled my second monitor for a second to try the video stress test with counter strike source and I got like 290 FPS vs the 190 FPS I got with the monitor enabled.

How do I disable my monitor other than by unplugging it?

one monitor is smaller than the other :(

and yes i got a crossfire bridge! lol thanks for the help, but I wanna know how you disable your monitor JD...
Old March 19, 2011, 12:11 AM
Top Prospect

Both monitors should be plugged into the primary card
You can enable/disable the second monitor by extending desktop using the CCC notification icon on the Task bar

Hydravision that comes with CAT. you should be able to run desktop on both monitors but set the primary for Crossfire gaming still having the desktop active on the second one

Last edited by Frank Encruncher; March 19, 2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old March 19, 2011, 01:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Seems like the answer has been given, but if you didn't decode it, basically: Eyefinity or disable 2nd monitor through CCC.

Otherwise, if you want to use 2 monitors, but have both card focus on the game you play, you'll need a 3rd GPU (NOT in CF with the other two) to put the 2nd monitor on. This can be a cheap used $30 card.
Old March 19, 2011, 12:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLives View Post
and yes i got a crossfire bridge! lol thanks for the help, but I wanna know how you disable your monitor JD...
If you're using Windows 7, right click a blank space on the desktop, then click Screen Resolution. Change the Multiple Displays drop-down to Show desktop only on 1 (or 2 depending which monitor is your main).

Otherwise if your on XP, you can use CCC or right click blank space on desktop, Properties, Settings, and there's a similar choice about Extended desktops or something along those lines.