Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

View Poll Results: ATI issues vs Nvidia issues on 600 and 400/500 products
ATI has stuttering/graphical issues 10 16.13%
ATI CCC (control center) has issues 15 24.19%
nVidia has stuttering/graphical issues 8 12.90%
nVidia has issues with the control panel (not including nvidia system tools) 4 6.45%
ATI has no issues for me 21 33.87%
nVidia has no issues for me 30 48.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18, 2011, 09:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Very poor launch driver support when the 6870s came out, and sequential ones that made me abandon them for green'er pastures
Old March 18, 2011, 12:57 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Very poor launch driver support when the 6870s came out, and sequential ones that made me abandon them for green'er pastures
I think I am heading that direction.

Old March 18, 2011, 01:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_zappa View Post
I think I am heading that direction.
I've been very happy with my switch to dual 560s, great power, lower idle temps (both will actually go to idle mode), quieter fans (the 6870 was loud at lowest fan speed compared to these quiet 560s), best of all no driver issues yet again with another nvidia card/set up
Old March 18, 2011, 01:25 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
I've been very happy with my switch to dual 560s, great power, lower idle temps (both will actually go to idle mode), quieter fans (the 6870 was loud at lowest fan speed compared to these quiet 560s), best of all no driver issues yet again with another nvidia card/set up
I'm happy to hear that!

I just made the move back to nVidia myself with a GTX560Ti SLI setup too. I still have to wait for my RAM to show up and then I can complete my rig.
Old March 18, 2011, 02:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisw19 View Post
I'm happy to hear that!

I just made the move back to nVidia myself with a GTX560Ti SLI setup too. I still have to wait for my RAM to show up and then I can complete my rig.
We'll obviously see different results as it looks like you'll be having yours drive one monitor while mine are driving nvidia surround (once going surround/eyefinity i've had a hard time going back).
Old March 18, 2011, 02:42 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
We'll obviously see different results as it looks like you'll be having yours drive one monitor while mine are driving nvidia surround (once going surround/eyefinity i've had a hard time going back).
Yup I'm running just one 24" display here. I haven't done the surround setup yet...one day with enough funds, I think I'll make the move. Best of luck with your setup.
Old March 18, 2011, 02:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisw19 View Post
Yup I'm running just one 24" display here. I haven't done the surround setup yet...one day with enough funds, I think I'll make the move. Best of luck with your setup.
I've been running the set up for months now on different cards, trying to find the sweet spot so far in performance versus cost. I've run 465 (unlocked to 470) GEs, HD 6870s, and now 560s with the best performance and lowest heat output (and on the cards)
Old March 18, 2011, 09:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's interesting how most of the posts are quite vocal about problems with ATI compared to posts being vocal about problems with nVidia. Also, a lot of people vote without posting, so by reading posts, you don't get exactly the same response as the posts.

I have to say that 560s seem to be the best cards out of the whole 500 line. They offer a ton of performance and scale in SLI better than their 570/580 big brother (don't know how) and have a sweet price of $230 on sale (even for brand names). Looks like the 560 will become the success the 460 was :)
Old March 18, 2011, 10:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
It's interesting how most of the posts are quite vocal about problems with ATI compared to posts being vocal about problems with nVidia. Also, a lot of people vote without posting, so by reading posts, you don't get exactly the same response as the posts.

I have to say that 560s seem to be the best cards out of the whole 500 line. They offer a ton of performance and scale in SLI better than their 570/580 big brother (don't know how) and have a sweet price of $230 on sale (even for brand names). Looks like the 560 will become the success the 460 was :)

The right card, at the right price...

Yeah So far from what I gather is the older generation that people have of ATI are solid runners, and I tend to agree. My XT series 1950, 2600 etc etc, ran perfectly fine.
Even the 5XXX series was okay. However it seems that the 6XXX has cursed myself and other builds with a load of problems I cannot solve.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 19, 2011, 12:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm, I find that many complaints popped up about the 58xx and 57xx series as well...