Old March 7, 2011, 08:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

EVGA has better warranty then Galaxy does
Old March 7, 2011, 08:19 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Just wondering if you're even considering an AMD card:
Newegg.com - HIS H467QR1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

If not, then don't worry about it. I just thought I'd give you an extra option to think about
Old March 7, 2011, 08:26 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Dude, like other have said - for 70 bucks find a used card. Im not trying to "advertise" other sites but if you are a US resident, I would head over to overclock.net - great community with plenty of quality used gear floating around for FAIR pricing.

I been a member for a few years now over there, but I realize that if I want to get good used stuff I need to also participate in a good Canadian community! ;)
Old March 7, 2011, 08:51 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Just wondering if you're even considering an AMD card:
Newegg.com - HIS H467QR1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

If not, then don't worry about it. I just thought I'd give you an extra option to think about
I used to go with ATI only, back in the 90's. Then sometime in the early 2000's I started having driver trouble with most ATI cards. Also hated their software but this card your showing me has great reviews.

I have a question, if I consider this ATI card you're showing me, could I use a HDMI cable with this click here?

I'll also take a look at overclock.net but I think I want new with full warranty.

Hey, one thing I want to say is thank you to everyone that's helping so far. I'm considering all suggestions and I'm getting more confident that I'll end up getting more than I expected thanks to this forum.
Old March 7, 2011, 09:15 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I never did give my system specs, but I don't think it'll make a difference. Remember I live paycheck to paycheck most of the time and have a wife and 2 little girls to spend most of my money on so my system isn't top-O-the line plus I had to build my wife a solid system and one for my daughter plus one for work so having 4 descent builds it don't leave me much money for my main PC. I think I did choose good parts though, it's a solid system for the money:
PSU is an OCZ 500w ModXrtreme-pro
Mainboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P LGA 775
CPU is an E6500
Memory is 2 X 1gig kingston PC2-5300 and 2 X 1gig Kingston PC2-6400
and as I mentioned the vid card is MSI NX8500GT-TD256E

I just hope my PSU can handle a better vid card. I have 2 DVD burners, 3 HDD's (320gig, 500gig and a 750gig) and 1 30 gig SSD for the OS plus everything else I listed.
Attached Files
File Type: txt cpuz.txt (7.0 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by Bryan G; March 7, 2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old March 7, 2011, 09:21 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ive been using ATI for the last 3 years. They been great, lower power consumption, only suggestion is dont always jump to apply the latest driver update. Give it some time to circulate and get the general concensus before installing it yourself. AMD/ATI have had a few dudes over the last year or so.

And Yes, if you want to plug an HDMI cable to DVI than that will work. Obviously you will not get the Audio via DVI adapter.
Old March 8, 2011, 12:22 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addictedtokaos View Post
Ive been using ATI for the last 3 years. They been great, lower power consumption, only suggestion is dont always jump to apply the latest driver update. Give it some time to circulate and get the general concensus before installing it yourself. AMD/ATI have had a few dudes over the last year or so.

And Yes, if you want to plug an HDMI cable to DVI than that will work. Obviously you will not get the Audio via DVI adapter.
I was just about to make the purchase of the ATI card, then it hit me, I don't think my PSU can't handle it......

I would like some opinions, do I need a new PSU? I posted my system in post #15 here
replace the vid card with this ATI, add a USB scanner and 5 case fans and some extra room for external HDD's now and then. I wonder if I need a 550w or 600w. I just bought the one I have, maybe i should give up on upgrading and stay with what I have....
Old March 8, 2011, 11:45 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I like a used GTS 250 ECO edition...

If it must be new I like the EVGA card, but I would get the most I can for the money and get a card off someone on HWC BST with good feedback.

Did anyone mention using the old 8500 as a PhysX card?
Old March 8, 2011, 05:01 PM
Banned
F@H

unless he gets an ati, the 8500 will be weak for physx.
Old March 8, 2011, 05:38 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Is my PSU big enough?

I think I'm out of luck anyway, according to this site I need a bigger PSU
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

My system:
PSU is an OCZ 500w ModXrtreme-pro
Mainboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P LGA 775
CPU is an E6500
Memory is 4 sticks: 2 X 1gig kingston PC2-5300 and 2 X 1gig Kingston PC2-6400
vid card is MSI NX8500GT-TD256E or the new ATI 4670
Hard drives = 4 (1 - 750gig HDD, 1 - 500gig HDD, 1 - 350gig HDD and 1 - 30gig SSD)
2 DVD burners
6 case fans
1 USB scanner
15(or 50, whatever) in 1 card reader
firewire to camcorder sometimes
external HDD sometimes

I'd like someone to tell me that chart is overkill and I'm fine, I just bought that PSU a couple of months ago.
Attached Files
File Type: txt cpuz.txt (7.0 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by Bryan G; March 8, 2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added title