Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2, 2011, 05:14 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

FWIW I have run many dual Nvidia solutions and have not had any driver issues that I can think of. Currently 570SLi before that 470SLi, 260tri Sli, 260 sli, 8800GT sli and lastly 7900GS Sli. Scaling has improved over the span of all those cards but I have had zero issues even remotely similar to the OP... One fast card is always good advice but I find NVidia SLi solutions to just work.

Last edited by Phill; March 4, 2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old March 4, 2011, 08:11 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Yeah I think I'm gonna sell both 5850s and go with one GTX 580.

If anyone is interested I'm selling them on KIJIJI Ottawa
Old March 4, 2011, 08:18 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Why not create a FS thread in the buy/sell/trade portion of the forum here?
Old March 4, 2011, 08:21 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Its really a shame with AMD, the fact they still cant seem to write decent drivers for their latest series where as nvidia doesn't seem to have any problems writing drivers that allow the full potential of their cards.
Old March 4, 2011, 09:23 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I could but I don't have the 25 post minimum.. I just hope that the mods don't interpret this as spamming just to sell my wares lol.

@ Arinoth, I totally agree. AMD has really disappointed me and what's even worse is that their Community Forums is run by a bunch of AMD fanboys who talk down to anyone flaming their vid cards and even deleting their account.

A few months ago I posted how crappy the drivers were and how ATI has royally started to suck ever since AMD took over. This was after trying to work with these damm cards which AMD "CLAIMS" should work flawlessly. All I got was attitude about how I know nothing about how ATI cards work and how the mods have no issues whatsoever with their setup and how great their setup is blah blah blah. This one guy even started to rant off on how he is a forum mod on numerous other forums and how he owns a computer store and sells ATI cards exclusively at his store having nothing but happy customers blah blah blah.... Long story short, I posted about how he was more into spewing out his resume to everyone as opposed to actually helping them. He sent me a nasty PM swearing up and down and managed to get my account deleted. I'm guessing so he could have the last word and bask in his so called "victory".

This guy continues to reside in the AMD Gaming Forum as "Gr33nGecko" and the mods seem to like him but I found him too condescending to value anything he said. Anyhoo, this to me speaks volumes in terms of how AMD sees their products as flawless which they most definitely AREN'T!

That's the last time AMD will see my money.

Last edited by akulacan; March 4, 2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old March 4, 2011, 09:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by akulacan View Post
I could but I don't have the 25 post minimum.. I just hope that the mods don't interpret this as spamming just to sell my wares lol.

@ Arinoth, I totally agree. AMD has really disappointed me and what's even worse is that their Community Forums is run by a bunch of AMD fanboys who talk down to anyone flaming their vid cards and even deleting their account.

A few months ago I posted how crappy the drivers were and how ATI has royally started to suck ever since AMD took over. This was after trying to work with these damm cards which AMD "CLAIMS" should work flawlessly. All I got was attitude about how I know nothing about how ATI cards work and how the mods have no issues whatsoever with their setup and how great their setup is blah blah blah. This one guy even started to rant off on how he is a forum mod on numerous other forums and how he owns and sells ATI cards exclusively at his store having nothing but happy customers blah blah blah.... Long story short, I posted about how he was more into spewing out his resume to everyone as opposed to actually helping them. He sent me a nasty PM swearing up and down and managed to get my account deleted. I'm guessing so he could have the last word and bask in his so called "victory".

This guy continues to reside in the AMD Gaming Forum as "Gr33nGecko" and the mods seem to like him but I found him too condescending to value anything he said. Anyhoo, this to me speaks volumes in terms of how AMD sees their products as flawless which they most definitely AREN'T!

Alas I cannot speak for their forum side of things because I do not reside there. I am sure you will find the same type of behaviour on nVidia as well. Fanbois are, fanbois. Every forum has their noticable ones.

That being said ATI has done well on many occasions too. My HD2000 series cards ran perfect, and in my fathers system, still run perfect. I feel as of late though their driver/game support has really lacked a lot of the support I am used too.

nVidia's driver support though has been outstanding in resolving a lot of known issues. One of those things I suppose.

I could care less if one card offered more FPS than the other. What matters to me is uptime and usability of said card. I would trade 10FPS in a heartbeat if it ment never crashing, or hardlocking, or driver failing.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 4, 2011, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:

A few months ago I posted how crappy the drivers were and how ATI has royally started to suck ever since AMD took over. This was after trying to work with these damm cards which AMD "CLAIMS" should work flawlessly. All I got was attitude about how I know nothing about how ATI cards work and how the mods have no issues whatsoever with their setup and how great their setup is blah blah blah. This one guy even started to rant off on how he is a forum mod on numerous other forums and how he owns a computer store and sells ATI cards exclusively at his store having nothing but happy customers blah blah blah.... Long story short, I posted about how he was more into spewing out his resume to everyone as opposed to actually helping them. He sent me a nasty PM swearing up and down and managed to get my account deleted. I'm guessing so he could have the last word and bask in his so called "victory".

And did ya do a driver cleaner when ya swapped out your nvidia for ati cards ?
Old March 4, 2011, 12:23 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
And did ya do a driver cleaner when ya swapped out your nvidia for ati cards ?
Dude.... Come on! I formatted and reinstalled the entire OS
Old March 4, 2011, 02:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Dude.... Come on! I formatted and reinstalled the entire OS

Akulacan,

There are a lot better ways to respond to these things than the way you have done in this thread.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com