Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 16, 2011, 05:30 PM
Rookie

Default Trying to do Eyefinity on 6950

I have 3 LG monitors and an HIS 6950 2GB. 2 running on DVI, and one still not hooked up. I already have an active displayport to dvi adapter. The problem is, my 6950 has MINI displayport outputs.

So I went on monoprice and bought a simple 6 dollar minidisplay port to displayport adapter. I just received the adapter and hooked everything up.

6950 > minidisplayport to displayport > active displayport to dvi > lg monitor

It doesn't work. It doesn't get recognized at all. I've tried using the adapters on all three of my monitors, but still no go. So do I HAVE to have an active mini display port to dvi adapter for this to work? Or do you think one of my 2 adapters are defective?
Old February 16, 2011, 07:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasiubao View Post
I have 3 LG monitors and an HIS 6950 2GB. 2 running on DVI, and one still not hooked up. I already have an active displayport to dvi adapter. The problem is, my 6950 has MINI displayport outputs.

So I went on monoprice and bought a simple 6 dollar minidisplay port to displayport adapter. I just received the adapter and hooked everything up.

6950 > minidisplayport to displayport > active displayport to dvi > lg monitor

It doesn't work. It doesn't get recognized at all. I've tried using the adapters on all three of my monitors, but still no go. So do I HAVE to have an active mini display port to dvi adapter for this to work? Or do you think one of my 2 adapters are defective?
Most mini DP to DVI have a USB hookup and a the mini DP... This means that you need to go directly from mini DP to DVI. The adapter should look something like the one here.

6950 mini display port - Overclockers UK Forums

actually after further review newer ones don't need it... make sure your adapters are the right ones (mini DP 1.1 vs 1.0 etc).