Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2011, 09:48 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Roundup Comment Thread

When it was originally released a few weeks ago, NVIDIA's GTX 560 Ti impressed us with its excellent performance coupled with a highly accessible price. NVIDIA's board partners have been quick to offer up some of their own custom overclocked versions and in this roundup we take a closer look at four such cards from ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte and MSI....

[ Read full article ]
Old February 7, 2011, 11:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice work

Need mony but this looks like my price point right now.
Old February 7, 2011, 11:39 PM
Trial Member

Hello, Thanks for the article but one question.

For the overclocked settings is that with added voltage or not?

I noticed you said that the ASUS GTX560 could not reach 1GHZ no matter how much voltage you added, is this correct?
Old February 8, 2011, 12:12 AM
Banned
F@H

oh that giga kicks butt! was expecting the higher clocks to beat the 6950 2gb in metro though!

nice! bravo man.
Old February 8, 2011, 05:03 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hrmmmm.....

MSI or Giga.... MSI or Giga??????????

The MSI looks like the clear winner from a bang-for-buck perspective. Great temps (lower clocks probably the reason), and OC in line with the other 2 non-Giga cards. OTOH.... Giga's offering pre-binned chips which reach higher levels right out of the box than any of the other cards were able to reach no matter what voltage was thrown at them.....

Daddy needs some more PPD!!!!!!! :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old February 8, 2011, 06:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I would definitely recommend the MSI card seeing as i have two of those running at the one i can have installed in my temporary motherboard while i deal with my GB board issue can run at the core 1.017GHz and memory 2353 MHz. I'm not sure why Sky didn't push his further as i had no issues getting either of my cards to this with vcore max. The temperatures are rather cool on the MSI card as well.
Old February 8, 2011, 06:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by theillusiveman View Post
Hello, Thanks for the article but one question.

For the overclocked settings is that with added voltage or not?

I noticed you said that the ASUS GTX560 could not reach 1GHZ no matter how much voltage you added, is this correct?
I know sample cards vary but I also picked up the Asus TOP version and can hit the speeds his GB SOC was able to achieve when OC'd with a little voltage (1.125V core) roughly 1025MHz as well as over 4800MHz on the memory. I haven't determined the max memory setting yet as I have just maxed out all the sliders in the default Asus SmartDoctor settings other then the voltage as I mentioned. I'm sure I can get a little more core if I max out the voltage at 1.15V but I'm happy with my results as its stable in all the benchmarking programs and games I own. Not too mention its very silent and cool temperatures (under 70C load).

The Giga SOC and MSI 560s do seem to be the cards to beat for value and performance so I do agree with the review. I got lucky and received a solid ASUS TOP card and got the results I was hoping for as I hear they have great RMA service in the GTA now for piece of mind. Another great review SKY!
Old February 8, 2011, 06:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I would definitely recommend the MSI card seeing as i have two of those running at the one i can have installed in my temporary motherboard while i deal with my GB board issue can run at the core 1.017GHz and memory 2353 MHz. I'm not sure why Sky didn't push his further as i had no issues getting either of my cards to this with vcore max. The temperatures are rather cool on the MSI card as well.

Probably for the same reason as anything else in the overclocking field. It goes on a Case by case basis. Not all cards can OC the same. Much like CPU's.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 8, 2011, 07:06 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

As I mentioned in the overclocking section, adding a reasonable amount of voltage did very little in terms of overall performance so I decided to keep vcore at the default settings. Remember, most of these cards already have over-reference voltage values in order to push their core clocks to the levels they are currently at.
Old February 8, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

nice review. Seems MSI have hit the nail on the head with all of their current gen cards for excellent temps and very low noise. I would go MSI if buying one. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe MSI honours their warranty if you OC using MSI afterburner (which is a great OC program). Nice to know you can OC without voiding warranty.
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb