Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18, 2011, 01:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoob View Post
Anyone else getting crashing after Win7 boots up? My Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti SOC crashes right after booting into the Windows 7 desktop :(
Found a huge thread pointing to an unstable overclock: GTX 560 Ti: Having issues or not? - NVIDIA Forums - Page 6
Only issue is I purchased the review sample from here and I doubt it has any type of warranty.

It wasn't even being stressed when it started failing.. I left my PC running Folding@Home while I was away for a couple of weeks, and noticed it stopped crunching units. When I came back, it would just keep rebooting after it hit the desktop.

Give it a forced downclock and see if it loads up.

if its a review unit, drop SKYMTL a PM.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 18, 2011, 01:23 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

That doesn't sound like a card issue since the card is not loaded when booting into windows. Sounds like driver issues.
Old March 21, 2011, 07:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Very odd. I installed the latest drivers and it didn't help, but I left it off for a full night and it's working again!

That being said, I had not given it a cold boot during the period when it was crashing: On for many weeks Folding while away, come home to see it crashing, reboot to crashing, reboot to safe mode uninstall drivers, reboot install drivers, reboot to crashing.

Power off for 20 hours or so, power on and no issue! Woohoo! :D
Old March 31, 2011, 05:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like it's an unstable OC :( I tried playing Crysis 2 and it keeps crashing on me until I underclocked it to 950 MHz.
Did a bit of searching and it seems Gigabyte no longer sells the 1GHz version either, and has replaced it with a 950 MHz version.

Going to try bumping it up higher until it starts crashing.

Reference thread: GTX 560 Ti: Having issues or not? - NVIDIA Forums - Page 6
Old April 26, 2011, 07:32 AM
Allstar

What are your temps on the 822mhz version of the 560? I'm seeing 27-30 idle at 18c ambient. peaks seem to be in the 60s, but have to confirm.
Old April 26, 2011, 08:00 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

That seems to be fairly on par. I'm running slightly lower than that at idle and I'm topping out at 55-56 after 48 hours of folding.