Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3, 2011, 08:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Same difference. If its Nvidia reference design, it doesn't matter what vendor you choose.

PS- I edited my post above, I am going to say you can run them in slot 1 and 3 and it would be no different than 1 and 2.

ST
OK I will try that. They did not send me a longer bridge so I have no option other than to use the bridge I have for the 480s. Should I worry? I don't want to fry any thing especially after the tech guy told me not to do that. Problem with Dell tech is that you never know what country you will be routed to for service. Some speak a bit of English and some simply don't. Oh well...
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old February 3, 2011, 10:09 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
OK I will try that. They did not send me a longer bridge so I have no option other than to use the bridge I have for the 480s. Should I worry? I don't want to fry any thing especially after the tech guy told me not to do that. Problem with Dell tech is that you never know what country you will be routed to for service. Some speak a bit of English and some simply don't. Oh well...

Well there is nothing to my knowledge that says they changed the Bridge requirements from the 4XX series to the 5XX series so I am sure you should be okay. Again go with the rule of thumb, if it doesn't fit , don't force it :)

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 3, 2011, 10:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Well there is nothing to my knowledge that says they changed the Bridge requirements from the 4XX series to the 5XX series so I am sure you should be okay. Again go with the rule of thumb, if it doesn't fit , don't force it :)

ST
The older bridge fit perfectly on the first 580s delivered so I'm sure you are correct. As you know I have a VERY heavy rig to get at, so it will take a bit to get the new cards installed. Thank you very much for responding and your advice. I'm going to make myself a coffee,stare at this beast for a bit and then get at it. I will of course,report back the result.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5