F@H

My System Specs

Great review as usual, a joy to read.
Old January 26, 2011, 05:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsickle View Post
Or better yet, the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti SOC (GV-N560SO-1GI).

Core Clock: 1000 MHz
Shader Clock: 2000 MHz
Memory Clock: 4580 MHz

STOCK!

Overclocked mine to:

Core Clock: 1044 MHz
Shader Clock: 2088 MHz
Memory Clock: 4950 MHz
What are your temperature and noise like, i considered the Asus one a winner as its idle and load are the coolest while being the quietest out of the cards i've seen reviewed so far.
Old January 26, 2011, 05:55 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
What are your temperature and noise like, i considered the Asus one a winner as its idle and load are the coolest while being the quietest out of the cards i've seen reviewed so far.
It sounds like he wrote the review for Guru3D as those were the overclock numbers attained. The noise was not noticable says the review. The temps are also very good at 29C Idle and 60C after "intense" gaming.

Can't wait for Newegg or NCIX to get these instock.
Old January 26, 2011, 06:09 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Destroyer View Post
It sounds like he wrote the review for Guru3D as those were the overclock numbers attained. The noise was not noticable says the review. The temps are also very good at 29C Idle and 60C after "intense" gaming.

Can't wait for Newegg or NCIX to get these instock.
I hope thats the case as i'd like to replace my rather noisy 6870s with 2 560 Tis for surround gaming. I should be able to overclock and run them in sli as i am running a tech station and can populate the cards in pcie1 and pice3 slot so lots of space for air flow
Old January 26, 2011, 06:24 AM
Rookie

Haha! Yeah, I just copied the settings they did in the review, since my system is better than the one they ran I figured if they had good/stable results from that so would I. Saves time fiddling with adjusting the settings in small increments and running benchmarks again and again. Sure, I might be able to go a little bit further, but I'm not really concerned with spending several hours to get a 1-2% performance increase. As far as noise is concerned I don't have the equipment to measure it, but I wouldn't say it was any louder than the plethora of case fans in my system (I also didn't adjust the fan speed any). Temperatures are well within safe ranges as well. In SLI though, since I'm using a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7 the slots are right next to each other so one tends to run ~6-7C hotter. Also, I remember reading somewhere that Fermi-based cards are engineered to safely operate at up to 90C; however, I'm not sure I believe that. If it's true, then this card runs really cool in comparison.

Still, even with the regular, stock (and warrantied) overclock, it should outperform the ASUS GTX560 Ti DirectCUII TOP.

P.S. Only one SLI connector so if you're planning to 3-way SLI these, you can't.

Last edited by Dreamsickle; January 26, 2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old January 26, 2011, 07:13 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsickle View Post
Haha! Yeah, I just copied the settings they did in the review, since my system is better than the one they ran I figured if they had good/stable results from that so would I. Saves time fiddling with adjusting the settings in small increments and running benchmarks again and again. Sure, I might be able to go a little bit further, but I'm not really concerned with spending several hours to get a 1-2% performance increase. As far as noise is concerned I don't have the equipment to measure it, but I wouldn't say it was any louder than the plethora of case fans in my system (I also didn't adjust the fan speed any). Temperatures are well within safe ranges as well. In SLI though, since I'm using a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7 the slots are right next to each other so one tends to run ~6-7C hotter. Also, I remember reading somewhere that Fermi-based cards are engineered to safely operate at up to 90C; however, I'm not sure I believe that. If it's true, then this card runs really cool in comparison.

Still, even with the regular, stock (and warrantied) overclock, it should outperform the ASUS GTX560 Ti DirectCUII TOP.

P.S. Only one SLI connector so if you're planning to 3-way SLI these, you can't.
Most mid range cards aren't setup for 3 WAY SLI anyways. Usually people with that type of money anyways will go with the flagship cards.

As for the rated temperature, I would actually agree with what nVidia states as thus far its proven fairly accurate.
My GX2's would run Folding in the 85's-90's. Safe Temp for the G92 core was, 110 or something like that. In the 2 straight years of Folding, not one card ever failed.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 26, 2011, 09:38 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Damn you nVidia, I felt awesome buying a used GTX470 for $200 just two months ago and now I already feel like I'm 2 years behind >_<
Old January 26, 2011, 12:54 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

It looks like a great card but does it do DTS-HD/DolbyTrueHD like the 460 or is that just a given now?

Old January 26, 2011, 01:23 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

It's a given now. Especially with the included HDMI 1.4 connector.
Old January 26, 2011, 09:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Colonel View Post
Damn you nVidia, I felt awesome buying a used GTX470 for $200 just two months ago and now I already feel like I'm 2 years behind >_<
Tell me about it I got the GTX 460 in September and the best sale I could find was $230 CAD, now they are usually $180 CAD without looking too hard. Damn, and after taxes and IRP, they were almost $270 each :(.