Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25, 2011, 11:38 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakano2k1 View Post

For the stock clocks 6970 2gb vs the GTX 560ti just look at the review.
I heard that some parts were still slower, or something similar unless I can't remember worth anything.
Old January 25, 2011, 11:47 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguyfromhell View Post
I heard that some parts were still slower, or something similar unless I can't remember worth anything.
Dude, you should just go and read other reviews. If you don't agree with one of them, you should at least get a general feel as to what the community thinks about the product as a whole before you start posting. You're really coming off as an inconsolable fan boy.

Do I think that Sky wears green and blue on his sleeves? Sometimes I do, given some of the comments he makes concerning products from the particular silicon makers in comparison to others is sometimes excessive. However, there's always a reason for him making those kind of comments because it's what the community thinks as a whole.

Reviews are meant to explain to people what new technologies are and what they need them for. Then after that, the numbers should be displayed and then left up to the consumer as a whole. There really is no need for a "conclusion" page IMO. It should be left up to the consumer. That way, they have nothing to complain about seeing that they were given nothing but numbers and then left to digest said numbers and formulate their own conclusions.
Old January 25, 2011, 12:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

So can the MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II O/C to 1k? And does anyone know if they will release a "HAWK" version of the card?
Old January 25, 2011, 12:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I always go to Hardware Canucks as my first location for reviews, however i always like to see what other people tend to say and for the most part the GTX 560 is a rather more impressive card overall then the HD 6950 1GB edition. Whats even more phenominal if i can find an etailer selling it is the Asus GTX560 Ti DirectCUII TOP.

From what i've seen the Asus GTX560 Ti DirectCUII TOP beats the Twin Frozr for idle and load temps for the most part, as well as performance.
Old January 25, 2011, 12:14 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Dude, you should just go and read other reviews. If you don't agree with one of them, you should at least get a general feel as to what the community thinks about the product as a whole before you start posting. You're really coming off as an inconsolable fan boy.

Do I think that Sky wears green and blue on his sleeves? Sometimes I do, given some of the comments he makes concerning products from the particular silicon makers in comparison to others is sometimes excessive. However, there's always a reason for him making those kind of comments because it's what the community thinks as a whole.

Reviews are meant to explain to people what new technologies are and what they need them for. Then after that, the numbers should be displayed and then left up to the consumer as a whole. There really is no need for a "conclusion" page IMO. It should be left up to the consumer. That way, they have nothing to complain about seeing that they were given nothing but numbers and then left to digest said numbers and formulate their own conclusions.
I'm not a fan boy (or at least I try to stay neutral). I own tech from both companies (Indeed I have more Nvidia cards than ATI, I have about 5 or so Nvidia cards, and 2 ATI cards). My initial thought was the review was a bit biased and unfair to ATI's offering.
Old January 25, 2011, 12:31 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Great to see those folding numbers in your review again Sky. HWC folders, and the folding community as a whole, appreciate them very much.

This looks like a great card for folding for sure. The folding capabilities alone make this card more appealing and a 'hands-on better value' than the 6950, especially with the power draw while folding. This fact alone should make the 560 a bit more exciting than the opposition at this time. Gaming performance obviously is not so cut and dry.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 25, 2011, 01:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

It is in a way healthy and important to sometimes question reviews, or to have some question as to the nature of what we see. However that being said, I don't feel that wearing certain colours on ones sleeves really pertains to this. I find from both comments by forum members and such that things are only nitpicked on if they are indeed good. However people fail to remember times in which we have called out something that makes no sense in the market by said manufacturer. Case and point is the 460 SE and GTX 465. Two products that in no way should have found their way onto the market, and yet they did. But when called out and brought to that light , no one takes heed or remembers.

A biased site, would have given them a glowing review.

My thoughts at least.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 25, 2011, 01:10 PM
Banned
F@H

how about this then to cool the waters off?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1 GB Review - Page 27/31 | techPowerUp

no 6950 1gb in there yet...
Old January 25, 2011, 02:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

So this card, being 10% more powerful than a GTX470, is pretty much performing like my 5870 at stock...
now, I can't wait for SLI number on those TI!!!!!!!!!

BTW, the ASUS DirectcuIIs 560 are really nice!!
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)

Last edited by Delavan; January 25, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old January 25, 2011, 02:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

As always, I love the chart in the conclusion section that pits its performance against competing cards :D

-What exactly makes the GTX 560 worse at AA than the 470? I'm not sure I exactly understand which part of the architecture is responsible for that...

-Nice work on showing the potential shine of the o/c of this card as AMD was rumored to have plans to make the HD 6870 o/c edition a direct competitor to the 560 (until they found out the 560 performed 10-15% better than the 6870).

-I am very curious as to why the performance race between the 6870, 6950 1GB, and 560 jump around like crazy from game to game... is this more due to poor drivers/optimization on the ATI end or something on Nvidia end or both?

As for the other who are debating about availability... I shall say this: the 6950 1GB was supposed to launch in mid February... I'm pretty sure that the now "direct competition" to the 560 Ti (the 6950 1GB) will be having a lot more issues with availability over the next month than Nvidia. Although we are seeing limited options from vendors for the 560, we are able to purchase it around MSRP... That is big compared to the releases that plagued ATI through most of 2010.