Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 23, 2011, 12:17 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default All In Wonder HD Card Help

Hi, I just bought an All In Wonder (AIW) HD card, hoping to use the TV tuner on it. I already have a video card, so I wanted only the TV tuner functionality, but so far, Windows Media Center (WMC) won't detect the card. I've Google'd the problem and tried all kinds of driver versions to no avail.

The relavent specs are:
Asus P6T
AMD 5870 (in slot 1)
AIW HD card (in slot 3)

I have two monitors plugged into the 5870 and no outputs plugged into the AIW card. Is there any way I can get the TV tuner to work without having to use that card as an output?
Old January 23, 2011, 08:48 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

under 'device manager' is there anything with a ? ?also what o/s and vid driver version are you using?
i own the aiw, so hopefully i can help

it's ntativlm61 that will have the ? in 'device manager'

Last edited by freaked; January 23, 2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old January 23, 2011, 02:25 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Hey, thanks for the response. Currently, I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise x64 and have Catalyst 10.12. I uninstalled the Catalyst Media Center because it didn't work and I want to use WMC anyways. Here's an s/s of my Device Manager at this time:

Old January 23, 2011, 03:00 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

The 'ATI Unified AVStream Driver AIW' seems to be missing
Try uninstalling the AIW from Display adapters and rebooting to see if it shows up

Old January 23, 2011, 03:10 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Okay, I've updated my picture after I uninstalled and rebooted. I think it installed that ATI driver automatically, and it asked me to reboot, but I didn't, just in case I shouldn't. Regardless, I still dont have the ATI Unified AVStream thing you're talking about. Why do I have two AMD HD audio devices being listed? One for each of my AMD cards?
Old January 23, 2011, 03:28 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh2 View Post
Why do I have two AMD HD audio devices being listed? One for each of my AMD cards?
I would assume yes
If it's asking to reboot you should in this case

Old January 23, 2011, 03:44 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

After I rebooted, I lost the drivers for both cards. Maybe I can't use the tuner if it's not the primary graphic card? I dunno.......