Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 20, 2011, 06:07 AM
Rookie

I hear this alot about Direct Canada and it always baffles me because my experience has been the complete opposite. I have been ordering products from them for well over 4 years now, including the vast majority of items for my last two builds. 99% of the time it's at my doorstop within 1 or 2 days.

I've also had to do 2 RMA's and contact customer service once and they were extremely quick and painless experiences.
Old January 20, 2011, 06:51 AM
Allstar

If its charged to a CC you should have got a phone call. If you Missed the call, Its your fault not theirs.

Call them is the only fix.
Old January 20, 2011, 08:11 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I like DirectCanada, every time I ordered from them it was easy and painless. My last order however, I got 3 megaflow fans and my order didn't ship out and I waited 3 business days. So I email them and I got an answer that day apologizing for the delay and i got my fans two business days later. From my experience, they offer great customer service.

Old January 20, 2011, 08:54 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctech View Post
Best of both worlds: order on NCIX, price match DirectCanada.
+1...or, PM best direct...this has worked best for me, ofcourse, i never ship, i just go and pick-up...

if it were me, i'd call them every few minutes until i get someone, literally just hit redial 1000x till someone answers...if after an hour of redialing and no answer, i'd just call the CC company and kill the order...i wouldn't be able to wait patiently and see if it arrives...
Old January 20, 2011, 09:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

NCIX is so slow now... Too much promotions and stuff going on.
Old January 20, 2011, 10:09 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
NCIX is so slow now... Too much promotions and stuff going on.
Yeah i know.. the only thing i don't like about NCIX is they quote In Stock but it's not really always in Their stock but in their supplier stock. So if you don't check the availability of all you're products first (1-2 days shipping mean NCIX has it, more than that mean it's the supplier) one of the part will be stuck in limbo for 4-8 days (happened to me with RAM witch was IN STOCK, didn't check and it was at their supplier so..)
Old January 20, 2011, 10:12 AM
Banned
F@H

you guys sure dc dont answer the phone no more?

cant be worse than canada computers, i had to go tru a few chinese guys till i got a gent that spoke

more or less same ingles as me so we could communicake lol.
Old January 20, 2011, 03:22 PM
Rookie

Smile Its here !

Thank you everyone for the input . I finally got my video card after 7 business days.

Its really not that bad, the main problem was they didnt update the status of the order on their site (I have the video card in my computer and the site still says its in their warehouse), they didnt answer the phone and they didnt reply to my emails so i freaked out a little, being the first time I ordered something from them.

Bottom line: great prices, decent delivery, horrible customer support. I think Ill stick with tiger direct from now on.
Old January 22, 2011, 09:36 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Tigerdirect? They are worse than even canadacomputers... Just use NCIX, Newegg or memoryexpress and you will be good to go.

Old January 29, 2011, 03:58 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I have ordered a few things from Direct Canada. Usually they are really fast but sometimes orders seem to take ages to get shipped out. I ordered a pair of waterblocks from them one time and it took over a month to get to me. It seemed that they only had one in stock and waited for the second one to come in before sending out the order. During the time I had no success in contacting them and i did not hear a word about my order. In the end it eventually showed up. Their prices are great, but sometimes they are not very efficient.