Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 26, 2011, 11:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
You have an 1100w psu...what brand is it? Any specs? Do you have another PSU to try? Also double-check that you have used proper power connectors and that they are fully inserted.

Also make sure that when you installed the drivers from nVidia, you selected the "Clean" install option to get rid of all the old driver stuff (believe its found in "Custom" install).
The 1100W unit is a Dell Branded Delta in those, (Delta Makes most Antec) so he should be good on the power front.

I'd also second the option to do a clean install so that way it nukes all the old stuff. Driver sweeper never hurts either, that has to be done in safe mode.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 26, 2011, 11:38 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Try flipping around the SLI bridge.

Link to Evga forums about a customer going all crazy on evga when his 4x gtx 580's SLI wasn't working (sorta the same issues your having) and soon to find out that his SLI bridge was installed backwards.

4x SLI 580 Black OPs Edition in SR-2 causes the Nvidia driver to crash I am totally bummed

Go to page 9 for results.

Last edited by vohiep84; January 26, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old January 26, 2011, 11:40 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
You have an 1100w psu...what brand is it? Any specs? Do you have another PSU to try? Also double-check that you have used proper power connectors and that they are fully inserted.

Also make sure that when you installed the drivers from nVidia, you selected the "Clean" install option to get rid of all the old driver stuff (believe its found in "Custom" install).
He upgraded from 480's in SLI. I don't imagine him having a problem with 580's in SLI.
Old January 26, 2011, 11:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vohiep84 View Post
He upgraded from 480's in SLI. I don't imagine him having a problem with 580's in SLI.
Sure he can, the drivers to run the two were different at one point (when the 580 didn't exist). So if he has old driver crap still lodged in his system it can cause that for sure.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old January 27, 2011, 06:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Sure he can, the drivers to run the two were different at one point (when the 580 didn't exist). So if he has old driver crap still lodged in his system it can cause that for sure.

ST
Thanks to all. I did go the Driver Sweeper route,to no avail. I'll try the bridge switching and see what happens. I will have to change my video cards again as right now I'm using a GTX 280 to be able to use this computer at all. I will report back.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old January 27, 2011, 06:29 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post

ST
:P I was directing that at the PSU thing, but qouted his whole post.
Old January 27, 2011, 07:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vohiep84 View Post
:P I was directing that at the PSU thing, but qouted his whole post.

Hahahah, okay.

OP - Try One card at a time with the 580, testing each card individually might rule out if you managed to get a DOA card.

ST