Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 9, 2011, 07:08 PM
Rookie

Default Eyefinity question

Hey all!

I just built myself a triple screen racing rig. I have purchased an HD 6950 to run it but have not installed it yet, however I understand it will support 4 monitors. What I want to be able to do is either have the 3 screens running OR the single screeen on my desktop. I don't have any experience with eyefinity yet.

So, I guess I have a few questions. If the triple setup is running how will that affect the single screen on my desktop? Is there a way to set it up so that I can choose between the two (ie: setup a keystroke that will choose between the rig and the desktop?). Is that something that I can either do or choose between in the control center? Will the card know that it is running 1 setup in triple monitor and 1 single monitor?

As you can see, I am very very noob in the multi-screen world. Any help would be very much appreciated.

RJ
Old January 10, 2011, 12:38 AM
MVP

Install the card. The rest should be easy. Usually new hardware is auto detected, including displays. Every time you want to change your display setup, right-click on desktop and access your GPU's set up where you will see multi-display options and everything else.