Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old January 7, 2011, 07:36 PM
Delavan's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mtl
Posts: 1,149
Default The new EVGA dual GF110 card!!!

Hey,
check this baby out!

EVGA Displays Non-Reference Dual-GPU and GTX 570 Graphics Cards | techPowerUp

It's CES stuff, but this card seems like a "pre-emptive strike" against the HD6990...
__________________
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old January 7, 2011, 07:42 PM
CMetaphor's Avatar
Quadfather
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 4,994

My System Specs

Default

It totally looks badass! Love the design of it.

However, that thing is going to dump a TON of heat into your case. Since it obviously does not exhaust out the back.

Why cant these card manufacturers smarten up and just make 3-slot cards? Two cards like these, 3 slots wide each, could still fit in most cases and could SLI together for Quad-SLI. Would work alot better IMO and could still exhaust out the back of the case.
__________________
"Backed by common sense and physics!" -Squeetard
Opteron Server for Sale! http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ade-ideas.html
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old January 7, 2011, 07:46 PM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,062

My System Specs

Default

Oh Yeah I'd buy one of those.

ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old January 7, 2011, 07:46 PM
Keltron 3030's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Pearl, Newfoundland
Posts: 621

My System Specs

Default

oohhhhh do i ever want.............

this thing screams watercooling!


and CMeta, you do have a good idea on your hands, but unless your fortunate like me with mobo slot spacing, not everyone who has only 2 PCIe slots is gonna be able to do quad-sli wheremost mobos have spacing for dual slot cards in mind
__________________
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old January 7, 2011, 07:48 PM
chubaka's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Van
Posts: 306

My System Specs

Default

!@#$% that more compact 570 is 9.5"???
oh dear... im getting the upgrade itch already..
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old January 7, 2011, 07:52 PM
CMetaphor's Avatar
Quadfather
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 4,994

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltron 3030 View Post
oohhhhh do i ever want.............

this thing screams watercooling!


and CMeta, you do have a good idea on your hands, but unless your fortunate like me with mobo slot spacing, not everyone who has only 2 PCIe slots is gonna be able to do quad-sli wheremost mobos have spacing for dual slot cards in mind
All you would need is a SLI board with 2 slots inbetween the PCIe x16 slots. Which isnt exactly difficult
For example:
Slots: x1 / x16 / x8 / PCI / x16 / x8 / PCI
The problem would actually be that you'd need a case with 8 PCI slots, lol. But considering that there are such cases in existence now, its still feasible.

Edit: Whoa! What have i been smoking, that fits in a standard 7-slot case. lol.
__________________
"Backed by common sense and physics!" -Squeetard
Opteron Server for Sale! http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ade-ideas.html
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old January 7, 2011, 07:57 PM
Keltron 3030's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Pearl, Newfoundland
Posts: 621

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
All you would need is a SLI board with 2 slots inbetween the PCIe x16 slots. Which isnt exactly difficult
For example:
Slots: x1 / x16 / x8 / PCI / x16 / x8 / PCI
The problem would actually be that you'd need a case with 8 PCI slots, lol. But considering that there are such cases in existence now, its still feasible.

Edit: Whoa! What have i been smoking, that fits in a standard 7-slot case. lol.
while this is true, not everyone may have a mobo like this, which would make you have to choose between no quad or having to get a new mobo.

not tryin to bring your idea down, just presenting my POV on it
__________________
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old January 7, 2011, 08:00 PM
CMetaphor's Avatar
Quadfather
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 4,994

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltron 3030 View Post
while this is true, not everyone may have a mobo like this, which would make you have to choose between no quad or having to get a new mobo.

not tryin to bring your idea down, just presenting my POV on it
OH i agree! Its not ideal. But its feasible! Now if only those companies would start listening to users like us, it might actually become reality someday.
__________________
"Backed by common sense and physics!" -Squeetard
Opteron Server for Sale! http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ade-ideas.html
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old January 7, 2011, 08:01 PM
gingerbee's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Posts: 6,824

My System Specs

Default

folding madness eh. sweet
__________________
Fav quote "One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret." Ronin Harris
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old January 7, 2011, 08:05 PM
Keltron 3030's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Pearl, Newfoundland
Posts: 621

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
OH i agree! Its not ideal. But its feasible! Now if only those companies would start listening to users like us, it might actually become reality someday.

They should pay us for these ideas at least or reimburse us with oh i dunno one of these bad boys of a video card
__________________
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EVGA Dual LGA1366 Monster Sighted Soultribunal Press Releases & Tech News 34 February 16, 2010 07:05 PM
can dual fan TRUE clear mosfet heatsink on Evga 3x-sli E758? UndeadGhost CPU's and Motherboards 7 October 27, 2009 04:55 PM
ASUS Designs Own Monster Dual-GTX 285 4 GB Graphics Card cadaveca Press Releases & Tech News 15 May 29, 2009 08:50 PM
Dual video card setup phil3_66666 HardwareCanucks F@H Team 5 May 7, 2009 08:22 PM
Nvidia Dual GPU card?? encorp Rumor Mill 1 August 12, 2008 07:27 PM