Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 6, 2011, 08:44 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

How about three 40" LCD tvs...the best of both worlds? It could work in theory right but might be hard to find a slim enough bezel? Am I nuts;p Oh yes and it might take a bit of space:)
Old January 6, 2011, 08:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numfar View Post
How about three 40" LCD tvs...the best of both worlds? It could work in theory right but might be hard to find a slim enough bezel? Am I nuts;p Oh yes and it might take a bit of space:)
yes, and it might take a bit of $$$, LoL...
Old January 6, 2011, 09:32 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i have yet another question...

i have 3 monitors setup on eyefinity...1 22" dvi-d that's connected to the mini-displayport adapter...1 19" dvi-d that's connected to the dvi port...1 19" d-sub that's connected to the dvi port thru a d-sub to dvi adapter...

if i want to add a 32" display thru hdmi, will my existing eyefinity setup not work anymore?...i don't think there'll be any impact...if anything, the additional 32" would be a "separate" screen, or could even be merged as a 4TH screen to the eyefinity (even tho that's not what i'll do), right?...
Old January 6, 2011, 10:15 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Samsung has the 3 monitors in 1 covered with the MD230X3.

Available at NCIX for $1,899.99 plus tax's and applicable fees.

P.S. If you had $3,391.30 plus tax's and applicable fees burning a hole in your pocket you can get the

Samsung MD230X6 for yourself.
Old January 6, 2011, 11:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Myself I would go with a large main 30" monitor and keep the 22 as a "spare". IE I use my secondary as for temp monitoring, IM programs, irc and torrent client. Not to mention it is a godsend if I am gaming and am using a Guide or map. Just some food for thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old January 7, 2011, 12:29 AM
Allstar

It's only worth it if you upgrade your resolution. No other reason.
30" 1600 is overpriced but that is changing.
https://www.hazro.co.uk/shop.html#ec...roduct=1510352
https://www.hazro.co.uk/shop.html#ec...roduct=1569972
Old January 7, 2011, 02:13 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

hummm...so it turns-out i can't have 4 monitors on my eyefinity setup...i plugged-in my 32" via hdmi, tried to extend my desktop, and bam, it asks me to disable one of my other monitors...
Old January 9, 2011, 12:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You can have 4 monitors IIRC

• A maximum of 2 legacy monitors (VGA, DVI or HDMI) can be enabled simultaneously, provided that each monitor is connected either directly or via a “passive” DisplayPort™ adapter/dongle. “Passive” adapters/dongles will NOT support more than 2 legacy monitors.
• To enable support for more than 2 monitors, “active” DisplayPort™ adapters/dongles are required (or monitors with direct DisplayPort™ connectivity must be used).

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old January 9, 2011, 04:52 PM
Rookie

Hey all! Since this is kind of related I will try asking here first.

I just built myself a triple screen racing rig. I have purchased an HD 6950 to run it but have not installed it yet, however I understand it will support 4 monitors. What I want to be able to do is either have the 3 screens running OR the single screeen on my desktop. I don't have any experience with eyefinity yet.

So, I guess I have a few questions. If the triple setup is running how will that affect the single screen on my desktop? Is there a way to set it up so that I can choose between the two (ie: setup a keystroke that will choose between the rig and the desktop?). Is that something that I can either do or choose between in the control center? Will the card know that it is running 1 setup in triple monitor and 1 single monitor?

As you can see, I am very very noob in the multi-screen world. Any help would be very much appreciated.

RJ

Last edited by RJMik; January 9, 2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old January 9, 2011, 08:26 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

From my understanding, all setup is thru the catalyst control center (CCC). Thru the software, your card will know what to do. You can set the 3 monitors to run in a group, and have the 4th monitor as an extended desktop thru CCC.

However, hardware-wise, i'm not sure how to do the 4 monitor setup. I've been researching and asking around, but no bites. I may try the following and see if it works.

1 dvi monitor to the mini-display port, using an active "mini-display port to dvi" adapter
1 d-sub monitor to the mini-display port, using a "mini-display port to vga" adapter (from my understanding, these are all "active")
1 hdmi monitor thru hdmi port
1 dvi monitor to the dvi port

This is gonna be trial-and-error. If the "mini-display port to vga" adapter doesn't work, i'm screwed, as i won't be able to return the opened item. Sigh...