Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7, 2011, 12:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Anyhow....Decided to "clean install" new nv Beta 266.35 and OC 980X to 4.53 Ghz.
Also pushed a little Voltage to all 3 GPU's and OC'd em to 920 Core / 2120 Memory....

Happy with the Vantage Run....finally got to see my 60K ;)

Until I get a Power Meter and see just what I was pulling with everything "cranked" I'm reluctant to push things further.

Temps under Full Load weren't bad considering everything is on "air"... Running vantage GPU Voltages @ 1.1375v - Fan @ 80%
GPU #1 72C
GPU #2 80C
GPU #3 68C

Hey it is fun though to see just how quick Jane / Calico fly by ;)

Result

cheers

Old January 7, 2011, 12:24 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Mr Bob!!! congrats!!!! 60k!!

edit: I forgot to ask if you replaced the TIM on your gpus at all or if it is stock?
Those are some amazing temps.
Sorry if its already been mentioned.

Been thinking of getting the high airflow brackets & backplates myself... I had my 580's in an 800d (don't have the gpus on water... they run really hot even on stock clock for me lol)
Old January 7, 2011, 12:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^ Thanks man....!!

Old January 7, 2011, 12:37 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

what you need to do is find a small secondhand -85 chest freezer like the SANYO MDF-192. If I remember correctly it is 3.5 cu.ft of -85 in a 29 sq.in. footprint. If I also remember correctly it draws 120W while running. I will have to double check that. It will keep your entire system colder than dry ice (-70 or so). I figure if you can wrangle that setup, you can afford some major cooling too.

EDIT AND you can use it like a dewar and inject LN2 and go for the record. Some freezers already have an injection installed for backup.

Last edited by Stubby; January 7, 2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old January 7, 2011, 11:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Of course I realize that WC will help CPU guys ......for me it boils down to the following:

1. Time to work on it (limited time at home...)
2, Constantly changing HW
3. Additional time spent "flushing" Liquid as the Rig would be sitting "shut down" for long periods at a time.
4. Likely going I7 2600K 2011 at launch

Given the above and given WC may result in 4.8 - 4.9 Ghz vs 4.5.......GPU's hitting 975 Mhz to maybe 1 Ghz vs 920 Mhz....given the doubt as to whether my present 1.2kW can safely run higher OC's (the need to go ST 1.5 kW).......all for 65K vs 60.5 K...

nah.....I'm satisfied with it so far.....remember I'm a "novice" Enthusiast ..

Perhaps WC just the CPU wold be the way to go as you say Bob.....but if I do that then for sure the Classy 759 Board as well......cold live with he 3 GPU's on air...

Bob / Arintoth....you guys will be PM'd lots should I decide WC on a 2011 Platform

Cheers guys ;)

I added a few more pics as well.

Last edited by rjbarker; January 7, 2011 at 08:27 PM.