GTX570 now or wait ? Performance difference ?
Sold my 2x GTX 460 768mb SLI pair. Was going to upgrade to a GX570 but now I am reconsidering.
-What kind of performance difference will I see between the 2x GTX460 768 vs 1x GTX570 @ 1080p ?
-Is it worth waiting for a newer card ? Any rumors of upcoming cards?
-Any chance of a price drop soon ?
I have an old 6600gt to use as backup so I don't mind waiting on a good deal.
Wait for GTX 560 which is due in January, you can then SLI those... I upgraded from 2x gtx 460 1gb sli to GTX 580... so far the same performance but in one card. You prob would expect to see roughly the same performance or a tad better going to a single GTX 570.
Sorry for Thread jumping but I have some questions to ask.
Would A GTX 570 be bottlenecked by my E6700 dual core CPU ?
If so, Which Video card would suit my CPU ?
PS... I need to also get a new monitor I'm thinking of getting the Acer V243HAJbd 24" Monitor.
Thanks. I will wait a bit for price drop or a new card (like 560)
Overclock it to 3ghz+ !!! Will not bottleneck then for sure.
The stock speed of my E6700 CPU is 3.20GHz.
OC it to at least 3.8, 4 if you can and temps are OK, shouldn't be a problem except in cpu dependent games
I think you should wait. GTX460 in SLI mode will perform very close to GTX480 which almost the same performance as GTX570. So I don't think you will see a big jump in terms of performance. Unless you get a very sweet deal on GTX570 now, then I guess just wait a bit.
I remember an article from a few years ago that showed anything less than a C2D @ 3.2GHz would, in general, start to severely bottleneck an 8800 series card. Anandtech article, I believe.
Get that sucker up to at least 3.6GHz. :thumb:
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:54 AM.|