Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11, 2010, 02:12 AM
da_bradler

Default How did I end up with a Nvidia card?

my first card was 9800GTX and god damn, was that loud and HUGE, and put tons of heat, warms my whole room up. ATI kicks their ass for like 2 years consistently better on all these points, but thing to get me replace the 9800GTX... it broke and died... because it was a GALAXY card by GALAXY and it just stopped working... I blame the power supply? I only had one connection 6 pin... could that have been it?

anyways I have GTX460 and they says it's the loudest one... the paliet sonic(without the heat pipes)... and it is like tiny, it's like half the size and it's at least half the noise... I'm not sure, I started wearing in-ear headphones at my computer... the fan was really loud... I have to fill out that mail in rebate by tuesday... says it has to be post marked? do they do that as soon as you drop it off at the post office? when does the post office post mark them?

***REVIEW IS JUST START HERE***

Old card is like Crysis on medium New card(460GTX)to crysis full on my 1980x1200 monitor... that's my review and it only cost me 160 dollars to get it, if... I get that rebate in... my printer is...

OH and it over clocks 700 factory to 800mhz and it's still not as loud or hot as the 9800GTX! sastified, well played nvidia/pilate you sold me the cheapest acceptable new card! I hope it doesn't burn out...
Old December 11, 2010, 03:15 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Glad to hear your enjoying your video card, I've still got my old out dated GTX 260 but it gets the job done. Plays anything I want to play so why replace something when it isn't broken?
Old December 12, 2010, 04:25 AM
Rookie

That's the exact VC i wanted to buy . Glad you like it .