Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 14, 2010, 06:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
I really like that card the load temps are amazing. I am really tempted toadd my 285s to the pile of vidcards I have and buy one of these instead. wouldn't copper be cooler then Aluminum for cooling or am I wrong?
Copper is heavy, so the whole heatsink had to be made partly of aluminum so it wouldn't snap off in your PCIe slot.
-Corsair H-50 + 2x Cooler Master R4
-Asus RoG Rampage III Extreme
-6GB OCZ Platinum Triple Channel DDR3-1600 [7-7-7-20]
-2x EVGA GTX 295+ Quad SLI
-Corsair HX-1000
-WD 160GB Raptor 10000RPM
-WD 1000GB Black 7200RPM

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1249140.png
Old December 14, 2010, 07:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheGG View Post
Copper is heavy, so the whole heatsink had to be made partly of aluminum so it wouldn't snap off in your PCIe slot.
HAve you seen the ASUS Ares and MARS?
3 Slot buggers with Copper all around including the fins.

Copper is heavy, but even used excessively it won't snap from seeing those cards run.

That being said, copper right now is DAMN expensive these days. So its a matter of making these functional and cost effective.

My thoughts,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 14, 2010, 07:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
It's a never ending cycle, early adopters get shafted, late adopters get obsolete hardware, while early adopters enjoy the nest best thing, followed by late adopters who get stable refreshed product only to get envy those early adopters who get the next architecture chip, while late adopters get the die shrink of the same architeture which would last a few months before early adopters get one step ahead, so on and so forth..
....Very well put...