LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7, 2010, 10:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
nice but it couldve been cheaper :)
Already found it for $20 less than MSRP. Zotac Video Card GTX570 Just wait till NCIX gets the MIRs and PM there.
Old December 7, 2010, 10:28 AM
Banned
F@H

thats swell. plus the folding numbers :)

but...hmm...didnt amd's cards have an nda too around these days? 12th? or 14th? or such .

edit. all is needed is a power pack from amd to make my earlier post about the 350 dollar range no mans land true to its timing :D

Last edited by _dangtx_; December 7, 2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old December 7, 2010, 10:28 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Ditto. I havent considered purchasing a AMD for years for this exact reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
I agree, I like ATI/AMD cards and their performance/price but the lack of Folding power automatically make me look towards Nvidia. If they ever do make a new architecture that improves Folding for AMD, then I may actually buy a AMD card for once.
Old December 7, 2010, 10:39 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

First- A Great review SKY.
Awesome, loved your answer to the critics - not uber professionalism, but honesty.
Ah, all you critics should go a year back and throw a look at the HD5870 review.
Then say what you so easily refer to as 'fanboism'
Just wanted to ask, at the Unigine Heaven benchmark when tessellation referred as on, at which setting is it? (moderate, normal, extreme)?
Old December 7, 2010, 10:51 AM
Top Prospect

Not to go off topic, but anyone notice something strange with the review section? It jumps straight to July 12th on the first page. Sorry if this has been acknowledged; the front page is fine.
Old December 7, 2010, 11:01 AM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by heflys20 View Post
Not to go off topic, but anyone notice something strange with the review section? It jumps straight to July 12th on the first page. Sorry if this has been acknowledged; the front page is fine.
Thanks for the heads up. Will be fixed in a minute.
Old December 7, 2010, 11:35 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Smile

ST, Sky and al., it's not a new thing that I always found the conclusions a bit epic (to reuse sky's seemingly favorite epithet :), but it was never enough of biblical proportion to prompt me to write a thermonuclar post bomb. I knew writing it I was setting myself up for a galactic annhiliation thread of multi-verse obliteration-scale replies. (hum, where can I go from here?)

There's just been a steady progression recently. Things used to be epic (which HWC keyring decoder translates as "better than average"), then they went biblical ("better than the competition") and now we're dropping radioactive fallout ("same as previous generation top-end product for 100 bucks less") all over the place. What will it be next week? Next year? Product get faster year-on-year, you can't keep going up and up forever...

(Preemptive reply: 6870 doesn't count for year-on-year progression, it's really a relabeled 6770 in ATI^H^H^H AMD new marketing scheme...)
Old December 7, 2010, 11:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I just found myself chuckling that fully half of the responses in this thread are posts and rebuttals about SKYMTL's writing style, than about the launch card itself. I guess no one will be making "egg cooker" comments about this one.

Anywho, I'll wait until Cayman drops to see how AMD's latest generation does. And hope for a big Christmas bonus.
Old December 7, 2010, 12:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about! This card is truly IMPRESSIVE!. It matches the 480 in performance, Yet is colder than the 6850, and uses just as much power as a 5870. If you guys aren't impressed then you must be dead or something.

Well done review in my books. No wonder ATI is delaying.
Agreed.......the Temps on my 580's are 10C cooler across te Board then my previous 480's and OC to 950hz......insane Cards really........I ditched th 480's as I really want Tri Sli again (not since my 280's), but th themals of the 480's were not acceptable for Tri SLi...these 570 / 580's are perfect for Multi Card........

Sure glad to see nv keep prices down......good luck ATI......

Quote:
ST, Sky and al., it's not a new thing that I always found the conclusions a bit epic (to reuse sky's seemingly favorite epithet :), but it was never enough of biblical proportion to prompt me to write a thermonuclar post bomb. I knew writing it I was setting myself up for a galactic annhiliation thread of multi-verse obliteration-scale replies. (hum, where can I go from here?)
.....here....NCIX.com - Buy EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Fermi 732MHZ 1280MB GDDR5 2XDVI Mini-HDMI PCI-E Video Card - 015-P3-1570-AR In Canada.

ditch that 6850 for a decent Card and get "Nuclleaized:...

Old December 7, 2010, 12:52 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=rjbarker;459024]url=http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=57361&vpn=015-P3-1570-AR&manufacture=eVGA]NCIX.com - Buy EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Fermi 732MHZ 1280MB GDDR5 2XDVI Mini-HDMI PCI-E Video Card - 015-P3-1570-AR In Canada.[/url]
/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks, how generous of you! I'll PM you with my shipping address.

I wish I'd be able to consider this price range when buying, but my budget keeps me in the high-middle range, as my specs clearly show. Almost went for the 460 this time, but my case is circa 1998 and not up to par with demanding ventilation. Surprisingly, my 6850 stays below 60C under load even with a slight overclock and a lowered fan RPM. Thank goodness for good ol' northern basement temps.