Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7, 2010, 09:34 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitoR View Post
I don't mind the colourful writing, it would be nice if you showed the same enthusiasm for AMD products when they produce something exceptional though.
Mind storing this thought until next week?

Last edited by SKYMTL; December 7, 2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old December 7, 2010, 09:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Lol, I for one, who made it somewhat (!) clear I dont prefer colorful comment, I dont feel like SKY is giving it more to green than red team. In fact, he uses Thermonuclear powa for everything that is good.

But (I know I might get flamed for this) I feel that in General the more vocal posters on HWC are on the green side (for folding, fanboism, etc...) thus making disussion more Green oriented.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old December 7, 2010, 09:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
Lol, I for one, who made it somewhat (!) clear I dont prefer colorful comment, I dont feel like SKY is giving it more to green than red team. In fact, he uses Thermonuclear powa for everything that is good.

But (I know I might get flamed for this) I feel that in General the more vocal posters on HWC are on the green side (for folding, fanboism, etc...) thus making disussion more Green oriented.
Trust me, more of us who are on the FAH team have long since been vocal that we would love to see Team Red make some headway in this regard.
To no avail, but that gets ignored.

Most of us, run both.
I know I do.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 7, 2010, 09:52 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post

Maybe but there are a TON of AMD users on here. Myself included (HD 6870 in my gaming rig).

I think that you see the "green" sway here partially because we have such a strong Folding contingent here. To me, Folding = NVIDIA cards more often than not so in a way, it will only be natural to see some people trending that way.

Above all else, I find these forums refreshingly devoid of much of the fanboy BS that litters other boards. Most people here are rational and the discussions are (usually) quite mature with factual information given rather than shit flinging.
Old December 7, 2010, 10:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Yep, one great strenght on Nvidia side for enthusiast is the folding. Folders are really present here, thus more green users. And, I being one, folders semes to be more vocal. I think this is part of the reason HWC is sometimes seen green to more casual forum members.

If the BIGADV continues, were we see people dropping the GPU for CPU folding, we might see some reversal of the situation. This would be really interesting.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old December 7, 2010, 10:01 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I for one am loyal to whichever company provides the best bang for my buck, and competition only makes things better for the consumer.
Old December 7, 2010, 10:07 AM
Banned
F@H

nice but it couldve been cheaper :)
Old December 7, 2010, 10:14 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Mind storing this thought until next week?
I hope they continue to compete in amongst the higher performing SKUs but don't want to see any exorbitant pricing. I would just as soon they continued with the 90 percent performance for 2/3rds the cost strategy personally, but the fanboys must crown their champion.

Thanks for the light reading BTW.
Old December 7, 2010, 10:16 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Trust me, more of us who are on the FAH team have long since been vocal that we would love to see Team Red make some headway in this regard.
To no avail, but that gets ignored.

Most of us, run both.
I know I do.

ST
I agree, I like ATI/AMD cards and their performance/price but the lack of Folding power automatically make me look towards Nvidia. If they ever do make a new architecture that improves Folding for AMD, then I may actually buy a AMD card for once.
Old December 7, 2010, 10:18 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
I agree, I like ATI/AMD cards and their performance/price but the lack of Folding power automatically make me look towards Nvidia. If they ever do make a new architecture that improves Folding for AMD, then I may actually buy a AMD card for once.
We probably won't get good folding performance on AMD cards until the Pande Group switches to OpenCL.

Heat: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=70411 | eBay: http://myworld.ebay.ca/rumxz