Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11, 2010, 07:44 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Name your sources or I call poor reporting and FUD.

I am sick and tired of sites like KitGuru and SA destroying the legitimacy of technology reporting.
LOL. I really don't know much about that site, so I'll take your word on their validity.

Their were also some guys, supposedly, saying the same thing on Chiphell. I don't speak Chinese, so I can't verify the legitimacy.

Here's the supposed topic though:

Never mind, the link was acting crazy.
Old November 11, 2010, 07:50 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by artistpavel View Post
The problem is I already purchased GTX 480 once, thinking it was it, superclocked, premium price with taxes and everything, sold it immediately because it was pos, lost $100 on resale. Now they are telling me, oops sorry, this is the real Fermi card. It kinda feels weird buying the same card twice, I feel violated, maybe wait till next summer for Kepler.

How so?
Old November 11, 2010, 07:51 AM
Banned
F@H

guys, this stuff belongs in the rumours section, you know better.

having said that, amd has but to up the 6870 specs by a healthy 25-30% and voila.
Old November 11, 2010, 08:20 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
guys, this stuff belongs in the rumours section, you know better.
I didn't even know there was a rumor section.....
Old November 11, 2010, 10:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well seeing as AMD hasn't released a single super power hungry GPU in a long time I highly doubt they will beat it. Surprise me AMD.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old November 11, 2010, 11:05 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Well seeing as AMD hasn't released a single super power hungry GPU in a long time I highly doubt they will beat it. Surprise me AMD.
Unfortunately, we won't know until Dec 13th.....Damn, I was so set on the Nov 22.
Old November 11, 2010, 03:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Urgh. Apparently the only EVGA cards that qualify for their Step-up program are the ones with a limited lifetime warranty. And apparently my GTX460 only comes with a two year warranty. Shame... this version of the HydroCopper looks pretty promising.

Last edited by MpG; November 11, 2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old November 11, 2010, 04:05 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
Urgh. Apparently the only EVGA cards that qualify are the ones with a limited lifetime warranty. And apparently my GTX460 only comes with a two year warranty. Shame... this version of the HydroCopper looks pretty promising.
Since when did they sell cards without a lifetime warranty? That blows!

I went with MSI this time because I have a theory... EVGA is already selling SC and FTW cards, meaning they're binning chips. MSI isn't yet, so one could assume that by buying a reference card, you'd have a slightly better chance of getting one with good overclocking capabilities than if you bought a reference EVGA card, right? Well that, and EVGA was sold out...
Old November 11, 2010, 04:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

MSI certainly is selling "SC" cards... might not be clocked quite as high, but they've got their OC line so I suspect they might be binning them.

I'm kinda pleased with their Cyclone cooler though. ;)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 11, 2010, 04:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikellini View Post
Since when did they sell cards without a lifetime warranty? That blows!

I went with MSI this time because I have a theory... EVGA is already selling SC and FTW cards, meaning they're binning chips. MSI isn't yet, so one could assume that by buying a reference card, you'd have a slightly better chance of getting one with good overclocking capabilities than if you bought a reference EVGA card, right? Well that, and EVGA was sold out...
PNY and Zotac have Lifetime on everything but the GTS450 I believe.

But yeah, EVGA I don't know what is up with them. I have a Pair comming and they are 2 year only. Ahh well with the way GPU tech happens these days, thats all the warranty I'll need.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com