Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23, 2010, 05:08 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Out of curiousity

I've been looking for a new GPU since the new ATI arrivals and there is something I've noticed. Many manufacturer have already released 6850 equipped with custom cooler but it doesn't seem to be the case for the 6870. I am wondering why is this since the 6870 is a more powerful card it would, I think, benefit more from an upgraded cooling system. I suppose that we will see this a little bit later on when the manufacturers reach their ''cruising speed'' with those new arrivals.

Last edited by Wurmer; October 23, 2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old October 23, 2010, 06:26 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurmer View Post
I've been looking for a new GPU since the new ATI arrivals and there is something I've noticed. Many manufacturer have already released 6850 equipped with custom cooler but it doesn't seem to be the case for the 6870. I am wondering why is this since the 6870 is a more powerful card it would, I think, benefited more from an upgraded cooling system. I suppose that we will see this a little bit later on when the manufacturers reach their ''cruising speed'' with those new arrivals.
They will probably see the light before the end of the year, that's for sure. Always give 1-2 month for that to happen