Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22, 2010, 10:23 AM
Allstar

Default DVI or VGA ( analog )

Is there a difference in quality if I use the VGA input instead of the DVI on a 1920 x 1200 monitor

Old October 22, 2010, 11:01 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I have never noticed a difference hooking up a computer to VGA or DVI connectors on systems at high resolutions for work. I don't know how that holds up to gaming for others however from again personal experience i haven't noticed a difference at all.
Old October 22, 2010, 11:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There actually is no difference when using an LCD/TFT screen.

It mattered on CRT where refresh rates could be increased by using DVI. Considering LCD do not actually have a refresh rate (They only change the pixels that need to be changed not a full pass on the screen)

Anyways, I might be off on some of the details, and someone who knows more can correct me but I'm almost 99% positive there is no difference in using either.

DVI cables look newer though, so go with that if you can lol.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.