okay heres the deal.
presently using a gtx280,works fine for me for what i need it for-mostly gaming and surfing etc.
i am personally okay with not having always the latest and greatest pc hardware.
what i upgrade to will last me two years or so.
looking at now taking advantage of the nvdia price cuts,i have always used nvidia,and will continue to do so,no chest beating fanboy,just like the cards.
is the 470 the most prudent upgrade to make, for the increase in performance over the gtx280.
benching is irrelevant to me,strictly gaming @1920x1200
thanks for any advice
Wait a bit for ATI to release their 6000 series, as it may change the whole dynamics : new benchmarks, price cuts, a change in best fps/$ cards, etc.
Good with what is best value, not with tradition. "Always been with "x" company" won't really lead you to the best choice.
your 280 is perfectly fine for what you do.
well, it depends. if your 20 does what it needs to do and doesn't limit your gaming experience? keep it.
else, christmas this year will be fun for you, sir. be it amd or nv, im sure you'll get a good bargain.
allright then. your 280 will make a fine physx card. do wait for tonight's reviews. or if you have more cash to spare, wait a bit more for the performance boards to pop out.
Hm,I wouldn't consider any upgrading atm. GTX280 is a very nice performer @ 1920x1200, but if you still do insist on selling the beast, go for the 6870 model, I somehow don't really think the 6850 is much of an upgrade over the GTX280.
Maybe waiting a few months sounds like the best idea, just to see how the price / performance ratio will cycle over the period, and the appearance of new drivers for 6XXX series..:blarg:
actually one 6850 oc'ed and your card will make a nice pair.
IMO you'll probably regret upgrading now, NVIDIA already have pretty huge pressure on them to match the 6 series cards in the performance per dollar department, you'd either expect for them to release new cards (if they have any) or reduce the prices of their current lineup. Either way, if you can wait it out, you'd be saving a fair bit of money
EDIT: Actually looking around NVIDIA have responded pretty fast and their prices have dropped a fair bit already, you might want to wait for everything to stabilise (although rumour has it that these are only temporary drops). Haha either way, ur in alot better a position now than ever before to upgrade so its ur decision (Y)
Newegg.com - ZOTAC ZT-40201-10P GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
thanks for the input,and perhaps the 'prudent':biggrin: thing to do is wait it out
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 PM.|