Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16, 2010, 12:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default 3 LCD build question

Hi,

It has been about a year since my last complete build (and since I sold everything..). And I have the itch now. I want to build a 3 LCD gaming semi budget machine. I am not interested in 3D, I also have a BenQ G2412HD and thinking of buying 2 others. This machine wont be used a lot for other purpose than gaming. Maybe a little bit of file serving and I would like it to fold. Thus I would be interested in NVDIA SLI to use for the 3 lcd and to fold when not in use. Unless ATI has become capable in the F@H world. But I can't find anything on non 3d SLI capabilities vs ATI. Also, I currently play L4d and would be interested in some car games. Not much more for now, so the GPU power need wont be to much. Unless 23 LCD makes it really tough.

Since I am looking at semi budget build, I was more interested in a AMD 1055T and some SLI capable MOBO. I will be watercooling the CPU with spare parts I already have. Also if you do have a similar intel build with similar cost, feel free to suggest.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old October 16, 2010, 01:58 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

The are 3 AM3 SLI boards at ncix. There probably are some more out there..
ASUS M4N75TD
MSI NF750-G55
MSI NF980-G65

As for GPU power, i'dd recommend a bare minimum of 2 x gtx460 1GB.. but 2x gtx 480 are recommended -.-
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - NVIDIA Surround Technology Performance Review | [H]ard|OCP

The only cost similar intel solution would be an intel 760 based platform. But I think you should look for used core I7 920 CPU's and 1336 motherboards. Overclock it as hard as you can to prevent bottlenecking the GPU's.

There could be some used gtx 480 in the BST too..